Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[UNROOT] Return to Factory Stock - AT&T LG G3

12th March 2015, 02:44 PM |#261  
Caochella
Thanks Meter: 37

203 posts
More
Hey guys just a heads up, had a similar issue until I clicked on the icon (bottom right on the task bar) the one saying that Windows is loading LG device, it was stuck on Windows searching for updated drivers, I selected it to not do that (within the same window) and it was able to finish the install after that.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Last edited by JkdJedi; 12th March 2015 at 02:47 PM.
12th March 2015, 11:33 PM |#262  
Flag Brandon, Fl USA
Thanks Meter: 1

43 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverends

UNROOT METHOD FOR AT&T LG G3

So you messed around with your G3 too much and broke something... or do you need to return it or send it in for service. In either case, you may need to un-root and restore the phone to factory settings.
Follow the instructions below to get your phone back to stock.

How to un-root the LG G3 on AT&T

To Confirm that you have no Rooted flag in the service menu, follow the instructions below

WARNINGS & DISCLAIMERS

Proceed with caution and at your own risk - I am not responsible if your phone self destructs, gets bricked, or melts.

Please keep in mind that both these methods will yield ROOT only - as of know there is no way to unlock bootloader on AT&T

Rooting and any other modifications to your phone will void your warranty - do not root if you do not know what you are doing.

Rooted devices will not be able to receive OTA updates. You may have to unroot and restore stock in order to accept updates.

It worked! Thank u so much. I've got my beautiful phone back!
14th March 2015, 10:11 AM |#263  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverends

I had the same problem when using a USB 3.0 port on Windows... Plug in to a USB 2.0 port and try again.

the usb 2.0 worked for me. thanx a lot.
14th March 2015, 10:48 PM |#264  

30 posts
Hi, I have a BUMP'ed and rooted AT&T G3 on software version 10D, can I use these TOT files if I am BUMP'ed? Thanks!
15th March 2015, 02:20 AM |#265  

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm1200

It worked! Thank u so much. I've got my beautiful phone back!

May I ask you if you were BUMP'ed when you followed this tutorial? Looking into doing this myself because my phone is artifacting (lines across screen) but want to make sure I can do it with a BUMP'ed phone.
15th March 2015, 02:38 AM |#266  
Recognized Contributor
Flag North Georgia
Thanks Meter: 2,393

5,632 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yes, it should make no difference. Flash tool will rewrite over it. When it's finished the firmware will be just as it was out of the box.
20th March 2015, 04:27 PM |#267  
Flag chehalis
Thanks Meter: 26

106 posts
Donate to Me
My computer won't install mtp device drivers they keep failing. When I look at my phone in device manager it says code 10 device can not start.
23rd March 2015, 09:53 PM |#268  
Flag Marco Island
Thanks Meter: 2

15 posts
More
Thumbs up Worked Perfect!
Thank you! I know just enough to get myself in trouble! It amazes me when people know how to do things like this and can make them simple enough for even me to follow!!!

And to make it even more amazing, I did this with Windows 10 running in a Parallels virtual window on my iMac without a glitch. Total time... 4 minutes 22 seconds!!!
24th March 2015, 02:12 AM |#269  
Flag Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 173

634 posts
More
Well this was simple enough. I ended up having to go to my other laptop with a fresh install of windows 7, but everything worked flawlessly, even with a borked build.prop. It took 190 seconds (3 minutes 10 seconds). Absolutely outstanding instructions.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread