Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,666 Members 39,763 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Att unlimited data

Tip us?

Rootuser3.0
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 112
Default Att unlimited data

I have a question for the att unlimited data users. I posted it here because I figured most heavy users are android users with hacked hotspots. I currently have unlimited verizon grandfathered plan. Lately for the past year I've been noticing a high number of dropped calls and crappie data speeds only when I'm at work. It's fine at home. So I'm looking to get a unlimited grandfathered plan on ebay and just sell mine. Does att throttle your unlimited data and if so when typically and how slow are the speeds. I've Googled this but found different information stating some don't get throttled. Any ideas anyone? Thanks

Alaris
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I got throttled once and my speeds dipped pretty bad. But this was like 3 years ago and it hasn't happened ever since. Also my usage has been going up if anything with all of the streaming music and all.

av8er-rick
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
I got throttled once and my speeds dipped pretty bad. But this was like 3 years ago and it hasn't happened ever since. Also my usage has been going up if anything with all of the streaming music and all.
I believe its supposed to be at 5gb. But I also heard that in saturated markets it could be lower.
The Following User Says Thank You to av8er-rick For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rootuser3.0
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 112
Wow that's bad

Sentrix27
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
I work for a retailer which sells AT&T, and have seen several accounts with unlimited data on one or more lines secretly notated that they are being throttled, sometimes with as little as 3.5GB of usage.

Wickidmasshole
Old
Thanks Meter 186
I got throttled at 5GB and then data speeds were so slow i literately could not use the internet.
"I can't believe I ever had an iphone"

dorkboy69
Old
Thanks Meter 73
I get throttled as soon as I hit 5gb and then the phone is useless because it's so slow.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk