Ask a question

No registration required

Att unlimited data

OP Rootuser3.0

3rd September 2014, 07:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 125

804 posts
I have a question for the att unlimited data users. I posted it here because I figured most heavy users are android users with hacked hotspots. I currently have unlimited verizon grandfathered plan. Lately for the past year I've been noticing a high number of dropped calls and crappie data speeds only when I'm at work. It's fine at home. So I'm looking to get a unlimited grandfathered plan on ebay and just sell mine. Does att throttle your unlimited data and if so when typically and how slow are the speeds. I've Googled this but found different information stating some don't get throttled. Any ideas anyone? Thanks
3rd September 2014, 12:46 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 22

433 posts
I got throttled once and my speeds dipped pretty bad. But this was like 3 years ago and it hasn't happened ever since. Also my usage has been going up if anything with all of the streaming music and all.
3rd September 2014, 06:28 PM   |  #3  
Flag So Cal
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaris

I got throttled once and my speeds dipped pretty bad. But this was like 3 years ago and it hasn't happened ever since. Also my usage has been going up if anything with all of the streaming music and all.

I believe its supposed to be at 5gb. But I also heard that in saturated markets it could be lower.
The Following User Says Thank You to av8er-rick For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 05:12 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 125

804 posts
Wow that's bad
4th September 2014, 02:54 PM   |  #5  
Flag Boca Raton, FL
Thanks Meter: 27

116 posts
More
I work for a retailer which sells AT&T, and have seen several accounts with unlimited data on one or more lines secretly notated that they are being throttled, sometimes with as little as 3.5GB of usage.
4th September 2014, 04:16 PM   |  #6  
Flag Boston Mass
Thanks Meter: 244

571 posts
More
I got throttled at 5GB and then data speeds were so slow i literately could not use the internet.
4th September 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #7  
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 73

430 posts
More
I get throttled as soon as I hit 5gb and then the phone is useless because it's so slow.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread