FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

[Q] Contacts displaying by nickname. Would like to turn off.

26 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By dmalone, Junior Member on 27th August 2014, 12:53 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I just switched from a Moto X to the LG G3. First, the screen is fabulous. After that I am losing interest quickly (bloatware galore).

I just spent the better part of an hour troubleshooting why I couldn't edit my existing Google contacts on the phone. Turns out you have to enable displaying of the local "Phone"calendar in the Calendar app. My best guess as to why is because for some reason the phone wants to save Birthday events to the phone calendar. There really is no reason for that.

My current issue. For one reason or another I have nicknames in some of my contacts. I use these nicknames (Such as when I tell Google Now to "Call my Wife") it adds the nickname. I am a little OCD about my contacts so it absolutely kills me that it now moved my wife down to the bottom and filed her under Wife. I see the options to Sort and Display by first or last but I am not finding the option to not display nicknames.

Anybody know of a solution? Thanks in advance.

Dennis

27th August 2014, 05:10 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
1+
Same problem here - It's driven me nuts - I cannot figure out how to get rid of the Nicknames - Interestingly as an android flashing addict - I have not had this problem "EVER" - I want my nicknames - just not on the phone.
6th January 2015, 06:07 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Update on this issue?
Does anyone have any updates on this issue? I just switched from a S4 to the G3 and I really dislike this feature. How can I make it so it doesn't display nicknames?
6th January 2015, 09:39 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl337

Does anyone have any updates on this issue? I just switched from a S4 to the G3 and I really dislike this feature. How can I make it so it doesn't display nicknames?

Flash a custom rom

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Rbennett8994 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th January 2015, 04:36 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbennett8994

Flash a custom rom

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app

Well that was helpful. Why even comment?

As the OP, no I never did find a way around this. I dropped nicknames and am hoping it gets fixed in Lollipop.
7th January 2015, 09:43 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Well folks I fixed it by deleting the annoying contacts and remaking them again with less love

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
7th January 2015, 12:56 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by badrsj

Well folks I fixed it by deleting the annoying contacts and remaking them again with less love

You shouldn't have to delete the contact completely. You can just edit the existing one and clear the nickname.
7th January 2015, 06:02 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmalone

Well that was helpful. Why even comment?

As the OP, no I never did find a way around this. I dropped nicknames and am hoping it gets fixed in Lollipop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badrsj

I comment because I had the same problem and couldn't find an answer. after flashing most any custom rom I haven't had the issue and I have not changed my contacts. I'm on ROM 855 minus 5 and contacts work as they should.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
contacts
Previous Thread Next Thread