[Q] Contacts displaying by nickname. Would like to turn off.

27th August 2014, 12:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
I just switched from a Moto X to the LG G3. First, the screen is fabulous. After that I am losing interest quickly (bloatware galore).

I just spent the better part of an hour troubleshooting why I couldn't edit my existing Google contacts on the phone. Turns out you have to enable displaying of the local "Phone"calendar in the Calendar app. My best guess as to why is because for some reason the phone wants to save Birthday events to the phone calendar. There really is no reason for that.

My current issue. For one reason or another I have nicknames in some of my contacts. I use these nicknames (Such as when I tell Google Now to "Call my Wife") it adds the nickname. I am a little OCD about my contacts so it absolutely kills me that it now moved my wife down to the bottom and filed her under Wife. I see the options to Sort and Display by first or last but I am not finding the option to not display nicknames.

Anybody know of a solution? Thanks in advance.

Dennis
27th August 2014, 05:10 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 49

381 posts
1+
Same problem here - It's driven me nuts - I cannot figure out how to get rid of the Nicknames - Interestingly as an android flashing addict - I have not had this problem "EVER" - I want my nicknames - just not on the phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
contacts
Previous Thread Next Thread