From Galaxy S4 to G3?

OP mbnocx

19th August 2014, 09:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 27

116 posts
More
Hey all, I currently have the Galaxy S4 and I was wondering if upgrading to the G3 was a decent move or would it be better to wait for a phone down the road with more differences? I like what I have read about the G3 and it certainly would be an upgrade but I am just not sure if it is enough of one.

My Galaxy S4 had tons of issues after the upgrade to Kit Kat back in January. I reset the device which helped but I still lose WiFi randomly. Thanks for your feedback.
19th August 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #2  
Houston
Thanks Meter: 63

229 posts
More
I came from Note 3 to g3. G3 is far superior in everyway ...This phone is great... You won't regret it...Dump that S4

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to GalaxyNotesTx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 5

118 posts
I have to agree. I came from an S4 Int, and an AT&T S4 before that, and I have to say, the G3 totally smokes both of them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Taguiera For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2014, 04:30 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Michigan

116 posts
More
Thank you both for the feedback. I am picking up a G3 tomorrow. I checked one out in a store and it looks really amazing. Definitely looking forward to it. Now to find a nice protective case.

Thanks again!
23rd August 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #5  
Flag Savannah, GA
Thanks Meter: 329

1,018 posts
More
I had an S4 at one point and every other phone that has come out with the S5 being the exception. The G3 or M8 are the best devices going right now. If you like to tinker with roms, kernels, and aosp; then get the M8. If a smooth stock experience or root / xposed is all you need then get the G3. However, if the G3 ever gets the bootloader unlocked it will be a beast of a deal.
23rd August 2014, 07:31 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I too just upgraded from an S4 this week. The G3 is absolutely amazing. While at ATT just to see what was out there, G3 won hands down for me. The M8 was initially y the top contender for me but I hated the build. Wasted real estate whereas the G3 clean lines and virtually invisible bezels won me over. The screen is amazing and after slimming things down with root/xposed this thing is beasty!! Good luck. My biased vote is for the G3
23rd August 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Michigan

116 posts
More
Completely agree. I upgraded and the G3 is amazing. I ended up getting a Spigen Ultra Hybrid Case and I am very happy with everything.
27th August 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 8

202 posts
I upgraded from the S4 to the G3 a month ago

The only things the S4 did better were
Get a data connection / signal
And noise suppression on phone calls

Other than those two things I do not miss my S4 at all

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread