How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Deleted some system files. Need upload.

OP Zyxxeil

4th August 2014, 05:58 AM   |  #1  
Zyxxeil's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Labelle
Thanks Meter: 3,123
 
976 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Hi I was messing around with my phone and I deleted the Carrier IQ files but upon reboot it immediatly gives me a Android System has stopped working. I need the files since i've tried decompiling tot file with no luck. :/

Here are the files I need if anyone would be so kind to upload. Thanks.
system/app/LADDM.apk
system/lib/libiq_client.so
system/lib/libiq_service.so
4th August 2014, 06:28 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Flag Appleton, WI
Thanks Meter: 2
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Talking Here you go!
Glad to help out! Let me know if you need anything else!




Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperrunner

Hi I was messing around with my phone and I deleted the Carrier IQ files but upon reboot it immediatly gives me a Android System has stopped working. I need the files since i've tried decompiling tot file with no luck. :/

Here are the files I need if anyone would be so kind to upload. Thanks.
system/app/LADDM.apk
system/lib/libiq_client.so
system/lib/libiq_service.so

Attached Files
File Type: zip LADDM.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: zip Libiq.zip - [Click for QR Code] (761.1 KB, 5 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JattMonson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th August 2014, 11:27 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 87
 
552 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Gotta get rid of the system calls for the files before removing them and rebooting

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to screwyluie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th August 2014, 07:50 PM   |  #4  
Zyxxeil's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Labelle
Thanks Meter: 3,123
 
976 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie

Gotta get rid of the system calls for the files before removing them and rebooting

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk 2

I removed the files first then removed them from android tuner. Maybe that was my mistake :/ ..
4th August 2014, 09:22 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 87
 
552 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperrunner

I removed the files first then removed them from android tuner. Maybe that was my mistake :/ ..

or perhaps you missed one? could've been anything really, but the removal of CIQ shouldn't cause any problem on your system if done correctly.

also, always backup system files, even if it seems like you'd never need them back, like in this case
5th August 2014, 04:31 AM   |  #6  
Pilz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Middle of nowhere
Thanks Meter: 381
 
1,659 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Donate to Me
More
If you do it correctly there are no issues. I removed mine a while ago and my phone is just fine.
5th August 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 55
 
256 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
This is what I would do:
Deactivate carrier iq processes with android tuner, freeze LADDM with titanium and do a reboot.
Remove lib files along with LADDM.apk and do a final reboot.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes