[Q] What happens after you root and there is a OTA update?

OP Nutzzer

6th August 2014, 05:42 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 672

1,517 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tee00max

What im wondering is how long before we see Android L after it officially releases? I think we will not see it anytime soon...

It all depends on when Google will release it. But don't expect it any earlier than January. If I had to guess, I would say sometime in February
6th August 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #12  
Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 79

805 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enddo

It all depends on when Google will release it. But don't expect it any earlier than January. If I had to guess, I would say sometime in February

O yeah im most certainly not holding my breath on it! But will be patient and run the G3 with root and Xposed and im good. Only is we could get this Bootloader unlocked!
7th August 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 204

589 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tee00max

O yeah im most certainly not holding my breath on it! But will be patient and run the G3 with root and Xposed and im good. Only is we could get this Bootloader unlocked!

I am excited about Android L as well and cant wait for it lol.

As to the Op's question, I am a bit more cautious about taking ota updates some. If I choose to update I usually unroot, and undo any changes I've made to the system such as xposed modules and xposed framework, and revert any build prop changes, then take the OTA.
9th August 2014, 01:10 AM   |  #14  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 150

1,209 posts
More
[QUOTE=Skizzy034;54634038]To take an OTA after rooting all you need to do is unroot through SuperSU and take the update. If you don't see the update after unrooting, do a factory restore. Its simple. You don't have to flash a stock firmware to update.[COLOR="Silver"]

So if i have a modified stock rom right now i should be able to simply unroot and then take the update even though i am missing files from the original factory rom? I don't think i've ever taken an OTA in my life since i always flash through recovery.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread