Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,216 Members 53,713 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LG G3 and Google Calendar

Tip us?

Taguiera
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] LG G3 and Google Calendar

Anyone else having issues where the Google Calendar isn't syncing? In my account settings, the option to sync Google Calendar isn't even listed. I've got App Data, Hangouts, People Details, etc, but nothing about the Calendar. I use the Google Calendar app exclusively, never tried the LG one and hated the Samsung one on my previous phone. I am currently rooted.

Already tried:
Removing Google Calendar and reinstalling.
Removing Google account and re-adding.
Rebooted
Shut down and powered back on

GroovyGeek
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Works here. Did you select it as one of the calendars to sync?

Taguiera
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroovyGeek View Post
Works here. Did you select it as one of the calendars to sync?
It's not an option for me to select. There is no calendar in the Account Settings and in the Calendar app itself, it is not listed. When I click add calendar, it just sits there with a spinning wheel and does nothing.

Coldheat1906
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Works fine for me.

When you go under your Google Account settings uncheck the Google Calendar sync then recheck it...... that helps sometime.

Taguiera
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
As was already mentioned twice, that option does not exist for me on my phone. There is no option under Google Account settings to even select the calendar as something to sync. It's just not there at all.

xshleprockx
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I believe I had a similar problem a few years ago and the issue was the calendar was corrupted in the account. I think the solution was to log into gmail via a browser and copy or make a new calendar. Google search the issue and you should be able to get more exact instructions.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

I think you can get it back by adding a second "dummy" account and letting it sync. It's recommended to be on data when doing so.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app

Taguiera
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Well, I ended up doing the full factory unroot process (basic rebuild from factory ROM file). Irritating as it is, my Google calendar now syncs. I'm not sure what was causing it not to, but there it is.