Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

mms from iphone to g3?

OP toawkanavngthded

21st August 2014, 05:33 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 2

29 posts
Unhappy
I had the same problem when using my LG G2. But, I sometimes was not able to receive MMS's from Android AND iPhone users. It got very frustrating. I am always in full, or near full LTE, or on a stable WiFi connection. The only, temporary, solution was to use another messaging app. I tried a handful, got sick of that, so just used Hangouts as my default. That fixed the problem!... For a couple of weeks, then I would get the same "broken" image thumbnail where the picture or text that the MMS was supposed to be.

Now that I'm on my G3, I noticed this problem was even more serious. Still in the AT&T store, I received an MMS, and was not able to download it. They exchanged it with another G3. Got home, same problem. It's a complete hit or miss, being sent to me from and Android or iPhone, I receive about 80% of the incoming MMS's, and the rest I will ask the person to send it to my email, or use whatsapp if that's an available option.

I have called and emailed about the problem and I've only gotten the responses that you think a "technical level 2" employee would give.

Waaaaaaaahhhhh.
Last edited by absinthex; 21st August 2014 at 05:39 AM. Reason: a word
21st August 2014, 07:48 AM   |  #12  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 159

1,247 posts
More
I had this same thing happen from an iPhone user (she was probably using verizon). My wife's iphone sent me an image a few minutes later and it worked fine. She is on ATT. So i wonder if it's a network problem.
22nd August 2014, 01:25 AM   |  #13  
Flag Jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 68

181 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toawkanavngthded

Hello. I've searched and no luck. I think it's only from iphone to my g3 but I get a blank image when an mms is received. It's annoying lol. Can anyone help out with suggestions?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...68&postcount=3

Saw this on another thread and thought i would toss it here, it basically says that sometimes Ad block can mess with some MMS possibly. Just tryinig to put all the information in one place...
The Following User Says Thank You to Tweakecho For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 01:41 PM   |  #14  
Flag Middle of nowhere
Thanks Meter: 545

2,352 posts
Donate to Me
More
Apple has admitted to delaying messages between Android and I phones in the past so it could be doing it again ("accidentally")

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/05...droid-lawsuit/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread