MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

Press Unlock / Phone goes right back to sleep.

13th August 2014, 01:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

140 posts
I've got a problem. Same problem I had on my G2 and I ended up getting rid of the G2.

For some strange reason at times when I press the button on the back to unlock/wake the phone the screen comes on and it goes RIGHT BACK to sleep.

At first it seemed like it was when my hand is touching the top of the phone but this morning I couldn't duplicate it on command.

Any clue whats happening?
13th August 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #2  
Flag Columbia, SC
Thanks Meter: 3

28 posts
More
I know this isn't any help to you, but I am seeing the same behavior. It took me 5 minutes to get the phone to unlock last night. If anyone has any ideas on this please help! Thank you in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaystus

I've got a problem. Same problem I had on my G2 and I ended up getting rid of the G2.

For some strange reason at times when I press the button on the back to unlock/wake the phone the screen comes on and it goes RIGHT BACK to sleep.

At first it seemed like it was when my hand is touching the top of the phone but this morning I couldn't duplicate it on command.

Any clue whats happening?

13th August 2014, 09:56 PM   |  #3  
Florence Al
Thanks Meter: 18

127 posts
i use to have this trouble with the g2 it may be the sensors but sometimes i notice i have my hand over the sensor and it cuts off
Quote:
Originally Posted by christcb

I know this isn't any help to you, but I am seeing the same behavior. It took me 5 minutes to get the phone to unlock last night. If anyone has any ideas on this please help! Thank you in advance.

14th August 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

140 posts
Well crud. No explanation or solution but so far at least I know I'm not alone.
15th August 2014, 01:24 AM   |  #5  
Flag Columbia, SC
Thanks Meter: 3

28 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaystus

Well crud. No explanation or solution but so far at least I know I'm not alone.

It seems to happen to me when I plug it in. Has that been your experience?
18th August 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

140 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by christcb

It seems to happen to me when I plug it in. Has that been your experience?

No it can be anytime. Usually if a finger is on the top of the phone but not always there and not every time it there.
Its weird.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread