Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] is there a way

OP kalel0817

23rd July 2014, 03:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
I need to reinstall the com.android.accessibility settings back on my phone. Does anyone know if there is a way to reinstall a file like that if it has been deleted? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
23rd July 2014, 04:07 AM   |  #2  
droidiac13's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Twin Cities, MN
Thanks Meter: 1,159
 
2,718 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalel0817

I need to reinstall the com.android.accessibility settings back on my phone. Does anyone know if there is a way to reinstall a file like that if it has been deleted? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How did you lose it? Do you have the file? If so, did you do a backup in TB or in another manner that you re-install it?
The Following User Says Thank You to droidiac13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd July 2014, 04:12 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidiac13

How did you lose it? Do you have the file? If so, did you do a backup in TB or in another manner that you re-install it?

I was removing bloat and exporting files and accidentally deleted as opposed to exporting. I've been checking in root explorer to see if I can find it anywhere, but no luck. My brother picked up the same phone today, so I'll have access to the file, but is there a way to reinstall it that you know of? Thank you
23rd July 2014, 04:19 AM   |  #4  
droidiac13's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Twin Cities, MN
Thanks Meter: 1,159
 
2,718 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalel0817

I was removing bloat and exporting files and accidentally deleted as opposed to exporting. I've been checking in root explorer to see if I can find it anywhere, but no luck. My brother picked up the same phone today, so I'll have access to the file, but is there a way to reinstall it that you know of? Thank you

Did you do a Titanium Back-up (TB) by any chance? If so, you can restore it from there. If you don't have TB I would highly recommend it as it has saved my ass on occasion.

If you don't have a TB of it you might be able to use root explorer and put the file in the proper folder location and then set the permissions correctly. Otherwise you may have to "push" it with ADB.
The Following User Says Thank You to droidiac13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd July 2014, 04:26 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidiac13

Did you do a Titanium Back-up (TB) by any chance? If so, you can restore it from there. If you don't have TB I would highly recommend it as it has saved my ass on occasion.

If you don't have a TB of it you might be able to use root explorer and put the file in the proper folder location and then set the permissions correctly. Otherwise you may have to "push" it with ADB.

I have TB, but didn't back up at that time. Is there a way to put it in the folder if I can't even find it on the system folders in root explorer, or well I need to try and do a return to stock, which seems more challenging the lg.
23rd July 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #6  
droidiac13's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Twin Cities, MN
Thanks Meter: 1,159
 
2,718 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalel0817

I have TB, but didn't back up at that time. Is there a way to put it in the folder if I can't even find it on the system folders in root explorer, or well I need to try and do a return to stock, which seems more challenging the lg.

If you get the file from your bro, you can then move it to the correct location and set the permissions. Get the location from him. If it were me, I would just go back to stock. It really isn't that hard. I've done it on all the phones whether it's Samsung, LG, HTC, Sony, etc... That's just me though. LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to droidiac13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd July 2014, 11:40 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 68
 
181 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalel0817

I have TB, but didn't back up at that time. Is there a way to put it in the folder if I can't even find it on the system folders in root explorer, or well I need to try and do a return to stock, which seems more challenging the lg.

System/cust/overlay/app/

is the location PM me your Email and i will send you the files if you still need them. but above is wheere its at.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tweakecho For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2014, 02:01 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakecho

System/cust/overlay/app/

is the location PM me your Email and i will send you the files if you still need them. but above is wheere its at.

Thank you both for your help. I was able to finally do a reset and go back to stock. So I started from scratch, this time with a backup. Thank you.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes