Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,524 Members 42,946 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone thinking of jumping ship?

Tip us?

mosincredible
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
agreed here as well its like a ghost town in here
I'm curious of the ghost town factor as well. However, it could be that most who have the phone are doing fine and have absolutely nothing they want to do to it until the bootloader is unlocked. I happen to be one of those people at least. I check every once in a while to see what's going on with the bootloader then I'm back to whatever else I was doing.

I run into occasional slowdown here and there but it's either on an extremely heavy webpage or I have a million things going at once since I treat my phone like my PC. I'll easily have 10+ tabs open on my phone and still have some other stuff going on.

GorillaPimp
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
agreed here as well its like a ghost town in here
Most of the time I've seen that it's a device that's been out for years and everyone has moved on. When it's a month or two after release and nobody's around in the dev section you know what time it is. If you need anything but root out of the community you probably don't want to buy an AT&T G3. I just want to know what spooked everyone or is AT&T suddenly really unpopular. I know that stupid qi alternative they're using is bull**** but other than that I don't get it. It had less bloat than my Sprint phones.

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosincredible View Post
I'm curious of the ghost town factor as well. However, it could be that most who have the phone are doing fine and have absolutely nothing they want to do to it until the bootloader is unlocked. I happen to be one of those people at least. I check every once in a while to see what's going on with the bootloader then I'm back to whatever else I was doing.

I run into occasional slowdown here and there but it's either on an extremely heavy webpage or I have a million things going at once since I treat my phone like my PC. I'll easily have 10+ tabs open on my phone and still have some other stuff going on.
Yeah i'm wondering if there's a hidden werewolf in my phone or something
I know a lot of people have headphone, bluetooth and wireless charging issues. I know a lot of AT&T techs have the G3 too. It may be that people are gearing up to switch to the Note4 or iPhone 6. Both the Note3/Samsung and iPhone have huge fan-bases. The general G3 forums are/were really busy last time I was there.

Anyone know why all the AT&T dev forums threads were wiped out?
LG G3, GS5, GS2, G Tab 3,G Tab 10.1, iPhone 5S, iPad Air, Kindle FireHD, Nexus One, Nexus 4, Nook, Palm Pre, Sensation

AndreaCristiano
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 236
Its weird but that's why I'm ordering a pure edition moto X tomorrow. No more carrier bs
"GOD WRITES THE GOSPEL NOT IN THE BIBLE ALONE, BUT ALSO ON THE TREES, AND IN THE FLOWERS AND CLOUDS AND STARS'
Martin Luther

SysAdmNj
Old
Thanks Meter 182
I don't think we are missing out on an abundance of roms. Personally a no bloat one would be enough for me. I'm so used to the knock on knock off, and the led notifications that I would not just be able to just go to another device. For those complaining of heat, maybe the cpu is running hot. I tried using trickster app today to set the cpu frequency and governors and that seemed to help a bit. I'll see if it helps with battery life as well even though its pretty good thus far.

With all that being said, I'm curious about the nexus 6. I would try it but I still wouldn't get rid of the my G3.

AndreaCristiano
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by SysAdmNj View Post
I don't think we are missing out on an abundance of roms. Personally a no bloat one would be enough for me. I'm so used to the knock on knock off, and the led notifications that I would not just be able to just go to another device. For those complaining of heat, maybe the cpu is running hot. I tried using trickster app today to set the cpu frequency and governors and that seemed to help a bit. I'll see if it helps with battery life as well even though its pretty good thus far.

With all that being said, I'm curious about the nexus 6. I would try it but I still wouldn't get rid of the my G3.
i'm ordering a pure edition moto X tomorrow basically a Nexus with moto's added features.
"GOD WRITES THE GOSPEL NOT IN THE BIBLE ALONE, BUT ALSO ON THE TREES, AND IN THE FLOWERS AND CLOUDS AND STARS'
Martin Luther

SysAdmNj
Old
Thanks Meter 182
Quote:
i'm ordering a pure edition moto X tomorrow basically a Nexus with moto's added features.
Isnt the nexus 6 coming with an snapdragon 805 and this moto x has a snapdragon 801?

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone2=6649

I'm not sure but the nexus 6 might be a better device? Also is the pure edition lte enabled for at&t sims?

AndreaCristiano
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by SysAdmNj View Post
Isnt the nexus 6 coming with an snapdragon 805 and this moto x has a snapdragon 801?

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone2=6649

I'm not sure but the nexus 6 might be a better device? Also is the pure edition lte enabled for at&t sims?
Pure edition is LTE for all Gsm and just because the snapdragon is a bit better generation it will not have the moto apps that are actually really great
Martin Luther