Anyone thinking of jumping ship?

OP AndreaCristiano

25th September 2014, 12:32 PM   |  #101  
CowTown!
Thanks Meter: 164

182 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matase

It is hard to evaluate things like camera performance, battery life and overall responsiveness by being in a store for an hour or two.
I'd rather ask about from people who had it for at least a few days.

I am highly interested in note 4, but I can't afford it to buy it outright, nor do I want to get a repayment plan for the phone, because that would raise my overall payments each month. However, I can sell my own phone and add a a 300 bucks or so and get something for about 450. I think LG G3 can be bought for that, but I hear things about Nexus X coming out soon, so I may wait for that. I should wait for reviews of nexus 6 and learn more about the camera performance and other evaluations.

I've had my G3 for 2 months now and it's been flawless. No overhearing...no lag... It's been a great phone. Came from a Samsung Mega 6.3 and this phone slays it.

Take the posts that say "alot" "most" or "many phones have problems" with a bucket of salt.
25th September 2014, 07:56 PM   |  #102  
Thanks Meter: 4

89 posts
I would just be happy of the 850 would start getting custom Roms , would love to throw CM 11 on this puppy.
I snagged a One+1 a month ago, so ive been playing with it.. i know this LG G3 would FLY if we could get into it!!
27th September 2014, 02:55 PM   |  #103  
Flag Holbrook, MA
Thanks Meter: 92

1,016 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxcom

I would just be happy of the 850 would start getting custom Roms , would love to throw CM 11 on this puppy.
I snagged a One+1 a month ago, so ive been playing with it.. i know this LG G3 would FLY if we could get into it!!

Yeah well that's gonna depend on if we get a bootloader unlock. [emoji87]
2nd October 2014, 04:10 AM   |  #104  
Flag Tulsa area
Thanks Meter: 39

378 posts
More
My biggest disappointment is the display. It's just not vibrant and bright. I wish I'd have looked at one before ordering it. Oh well.
7th October 2014, 02:40 AM   |  #105  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
I was initially pretty pissed about some missing features and input lag. Tried rooting and typical tweaks posted here. But after changing launcher to Nova prime and getting an app to return the doubletap off, the only thing lacking is battery stamina. My note 2 would last. for the entire day and I consider my use very heavy. Also, the video recorder can be overwhelmed and lock up. Not a horrible phone but has some compromises.
15th October 2014, 08:48 PM   |  #106  
Thanks Meter: 91

666 posts
Yeah I'll be copping the nexus 6
19th October 2014, 02:48 PM   |  #107  
Thanks Meter: 2

4 posts
No way am I jumping ship, love the G3. Came from a G2 which is now the wife's phone. Run the screen at 50%, no auto brightness, animations at .5, switched to ART. This phone screams. Beautiful display and I am picky regarding accurate color. Thought about the Motor X (battery too small) and new Nexus (too big), but the G3 wins hands down when properly setup. Absolutely love this phone. Got the 7" Gpad deal at ATT to compliment the G3. Great setup.

Sent from my LG-V410 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to a3photogod For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 07:48 PM   |  #108  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Advice/Question
I've been on the lookout to replace my S3.
I've had my eye on the G3. Currently with At&t though, and there's no Qi or unlocked bootloader on the D850. I was leaning towards a Tmobile variant (D851) instead, unlocked, or locked and later unlock it...

What are your thoughts? Should I get an unlocked D851 over the D850?

- As the phone is new, there is no other choice but to wait for ROMs, etc, etc...
Thank you for the input
Today, 08:21 PM   |  #109  
Thanks Meter: 9

72 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YRamz

I've been on the lookout to replace my S3.
I've had my eye on the G3. Currently with At&t though, and there's no Qi or unlocked bootloader on the D850. I was leaning towards a Tmobile variant (D851) instead, unlocked, or locked and later unlock it...

What are your thoughts? Should I get an unlocked D851 over the D850?

- As the phone is new, there is no other choice but to wait for ROMs, etc, etc...
Thank you for the input

The bootloader has been unlocked for the D850. It's called Bump!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread