Originally Posted by Yash98
What is SP Flash Tool?
It is MediaTek's answer to low level flashing OEM softwares like ODIN, Androxyde Flashtool, etc.
Such softwares can be used to backup and restore every piece of software on your MTK NAND Chips...
These softwares can thus can almost revive your phone from the dead or fix many problems or flash ROMs or kernels, etc.
SP Flash Tool Guide
- Revives your phone from almost any brick!
- Fixes the WiFi and Bluetooth (only software problem), created due to some wrong permissions.
- Flash CWM Recovery
- Flash Custom ROMs
- Root your device without a root exploit.
- Flash Stock Firmwares.
- Flash Custom ROMs
Requirements (click on softwares below to download):
Procedure (for flashing Firmwares):To be added:
- Download all (software) requirements to a folder
- Download the files/folder to be flashed to a folder ( Here is the Stock ROM for Canvas 4: Mod edit: Link removed)
- Extract it to a folder (this is the extracted firmware for this guide)
- Install drivers & extract SP Flash Tool to a folder
- Open Flash_tool.exe
- Click Scatter-loading
- Select MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt (for Canvas 4) found in extracted firmware
- Click Download button or press F9
- Shutdown your Canvas 4 and connect it with Micro USB to PC running the Flash Tool
- See it flashing before your eyes and wait for a green circle to show up on your PC to indicate successful flashing.
- Restart phone and Done!
hi, i flashed my rom as you said, it was succesful, but one big bug is there after flashing my C4 IMEI numbers become invalid. some how i find solution for it in XDA and i used *#*#3646633#*#* and i i done IMEI problem,, and the main problem is i am staying in bangalore, i have 2 sims both are 3G supported and i used those 3G in my C4 before flashing,," NOW IF I ENABLE WCDMA only MODE NETWORK SOWS NO SERVICE", I Tryed in both sims but no results.. if i use same sims in my other android its working good in WCDMA Mode..AND MAIN POINT IS I USED SAME SIM IN THIS SAME MOBILE YESTERDAY ONLY BEFORE FLASING ON WCDMA MODE ... PLEASE FIND OUT SOME SOLUTION<>:<>><