Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 43,588 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wifi office home home office weird issue

Tip us?

Atharkhan101
Old
(Last edited by Atharkhan101; 15th August 2014 at 12:06 PM.) Reason: Correction
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Wifi office home home office weird issue

Hello,

I have wierd wifi issue. It is, at home it works absolutely fine. When i'm in office, the connection at some places in office poor, very slow, close to disconnected (my work desk is cursed also). Office wifi is very very fast and in few places in office the wifi works absolutely fine. However the connection is poor, very slow, close to disconnected. I checked with my colleagues who use Galaxy grand, grand 2 etc have no such problem. My question is, why this issue won't happen to my colleague as I kept his phone side by side on my work desk ?

It happens only to me at my seating place, if I move other location then wifi works fine. How come the wifi is perfectly working everywhere on my colleague's phone in office and my limited to some places in office ? I can change the place to good wifi network but I will miss my team who I work day in a day out. So, can't change place, wifi need to be fixed to work at my work desk only. Also I would like to know why this is happening to me and not to my colleague's phones.

Somewhere on XDA it was suggested to clear data, cache, form data of the DEFAULT browser and it really worked well immediately after that. But after one day when I restarted the phone then the same problem back again at my place in office. I again cleared data, form data of default browser and still the same issue. Please suggest some fix other than the factory reset as I have 330 apps installed and it is pain to re-install all apps again, i have titanium backup but want a solution without the factory reset. Thanks.

ceasar47
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Which version u r using...... If u use version 1... Then this rom has this wifi problem.... So i will suggest u to upgrade to v3 stock rom..... Or u can switxh to a custom rom............ Preferabbly xperia rom....
The Following User Says Thank You to ceasar47 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kannanrs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceasar47 View Post
Which version u r using...... If u use version 1... Then this rom has this wifi problem.... So i will suggest u to upgrade to v3 stock rom..... Or u can switxh to a custom rom............ Preferabbly xperia rom....
Stock V3 fixed many problems i faced..
Please also look at rombuzz

Atharkhan101
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I'm rooted but never changed Rom. You said 'Stock V3 fixed many problems i faced'. Could you list down the other problems you were having ? please...

Atharkhan101
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
I never changed rom but I'm rooted. What is V3 ? Could you please let me know if V3 or any other custom rom also solved the below problem or not:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/canv...vas-4-t2832508

ceasar47
Old
Thanks Meter 40
V3 is the build version of the stock rom..... U can google it and download it and try.....
But i will suggest u to install purexperia rom.... It is most stable rom......
The Following User Says Thank You to ceasar47 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Atharkhan101
Old
(Last edited by Atharkhan101; 19th August 2014 at 08:09 AM.) Reason: correction
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
V3 is the build version of the stock rom..... U can google it and download it and try.....
But i will suggest u to install purexperia rom.... It is most stable rom......
Did V3 or purexperia rom solved this problem too (visit the link below)?

yogesh.kalyana
Old
Thanks Meter 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atharkhan101 View Post
Did V3 or purexperia rom solved this problem too (visit the link below)?

It's more tougher on that as when you will make a call on purexperia rom the other sim would get disabled right away!

sent via J.A.R.V.I.S

AND PLEASE HIT THANKS IF I HELPED!

The Following User Says Thank You to yogesh.kalyana For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]