[guide][tutorial] installing pure xperia z2

OP ceasar47

13th October 2014, 04:31 AM   |  #31  
Flag KOLKATA,WESTBENGAL
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeroD

Thanks for the appreciation.. It is not seen much on these forums. People think we are paid to help them and they order us to help not request.

Bro Saw your PM but I cant reply to every personal messages I get. I get too many of them. Instead quote me or post on any of my ROM thread. I will try to reply. Hope you understand. And to reply your current question just follow instructions given on Particular Rom thread. Most of them are same. And to go to stock rom, best way is to flash it via SP flash tool.

HEY BRO..thanks for reply
i hav created STOCK ROM BACKUP USING CWM RECOVERY... n it is saved on my SD CARD.. how to flash via SP TOOL ??

cant i directly go to CWM RECOVERY N SELECT RESTORE ?? if yes.. DO I HAVE TO WIPE CACHE PARTIOTION, DALVIK CACHE ?? or any other think i hav to do ??
13th October 2014, 11:14 AM   |  #32  
Flag new delhi
Thanks Meter: 231

483 posts
More
Battery Full
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_singh

i follwed each n every step except the last one..

bcz... AFTER FINISHING..ON COMPLETING SCREEN ...MSG SHOWED THAT DO NOT WIPE DATA OR FACTORY RESET...PRESS FINISH N REBOOT SYS"..

n i did...n IT IS WORKING LIKE A CHARM

thanks added [COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 03:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 AM ----------

hey bro..THANKS FOR SUCH A DETAILED EXPLANATION

I HAV INSTALLED PXZ 4.3.5 LITE n till now..i did not find any prob THANKS A LOT FOR HELP

well..again i hav to ask u sumthing hope u dun mind

now as i installed a custom ROM...n also..i made a backup of STOCK ROM using CWM following the procedure u told in ur last post

now.. suppose..if i want to revert back to my STOCK ROM.. before GOING TO RESTORE VIA CWM...do I HAVE TO AGAIN FOLLOW THESE STEPS ::
"WIPE data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
go to mounts and storage
select format system
then go to advanced
and select wipe dalvik cache "
?????????

n then restore via CWM ??

n if i want to INSTALL OTHER CUSTOM ROM.. is the PROCEDURE SAME.. i mean.. that WIPING DATA/FACTORY RESET..CACHE PARTION N FORMAT SYS n then INSTALL FROM SD CARD ??? (coz i read somewhere that..we have to get back to STOCK ROM to install ANOTHER CUSTOM ROM ).....

for restoring your stock rom
WIPE data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
go to mounts and storage
select format system
then go to advanced
and select wipe dalvik cache

and then simpy restore via cwm
and select the rom you have backed up previously

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjanaprasher

you are the most helpful guy on XDA so far as soon as i type a query you given me the best help
and even to others
truly respectable
keep helping spidey
you are really likable
and yes even @NeroD desrves appreciation
keep working like this guys !

thanks sanjana it has been a pleasure helping others
that's why i am the friendly neighbourhood spiderman
keep smiling !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yogesh.kalyana For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th October 2014, 08:20 AM   |  #33  
Flag KOLKATA,WESTBENGAL
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY BRO :) YOU REALLY HELPED ME A LOT THROUGH THIS :) :good:
[QUOTE=yogesh.kalyana;55993113]for restoring your stock rom
WIPE data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
go to mounts and storage
select format system
then go to advanced

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

@yogesh.kalyana

IN ABOVE PROCEDURE ::
i followed all the steps but : IT GAVE ME SOME ERROR

WHEN I TRIED TO RESTORE :: IT SHOWED THE FOLLOWING
==========================
checking md5 sums
erasing boot before restore
restoring boot image
restoring system
restoring data
.android_secure.img not found. Skipping restore of /sdcard/.android_secure
restoring cache
se_ext.img not found. Skipping restore of /sd_ext.
Restore Complete
==============================
INSPITE OF ABOVE ERRORS..IT REVERTED BACK TO STOCK ROM... is something missing as it showed sum error ??

n also.. WHENEVER I RESTART MY PHONE.. PURE XPERIA Z SCREEN SHOWS...HOW TO REMOVE THAT ONE ??

one more question
whenver we install CUSTOM ROM, they ask NOT TO FACTORY DATA RESET....now as m back to my STOCK ROM(neglecting above errors )...can i FACTORY RESET MY PHONE NOW ???
14th October 2014, 09:56 AM   |  #34  
OP Senior Member
Flag Searching.......
Thanks Meter: 49

146 posts
More
[QUOTE=raj_singh;56011836]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh.kalyana

WIPE data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
go to mounts and storage
select format system
then go to advanced

@yogesh.kalyana

checking md5 sums
restoring boot image
restoring system
restoring data
restoring cache
Restore Complete
INSPITE OF ABOVE ERRORS..IT REVERTED BACK TO STOCK ROM... is something missing as it showed sum error ??

n also.. WHENEVER I RESTART MY PHONE.. PURE XPERIA Z SCREEN SHOWS...HOW TO REMOVE THAT ONE ??

one more question
whenver we install CUSTOM ROM, they ask NOT TO FACTORY DATA RESET....now as m back to my STOCK ROM(neglecting above errors )...can i FACTORY RESET MY PHONE NOW ???

There is no problem in your restoration...
If you fctory reset the phone then your existing phone data will be gone.
Now if you completely want to do a factory set... You can flash the stock rom via sp flash tool.
The Following User Says Thank You to ceasar47 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th October 2014, 10:57 AM   |  #35  
Flag new delhi
Thanks Meter: 231

483 posts
More
Smile Good work !
[QUOTE=raj_singh;56011836]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh.kalyana

WIPE data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
go to mounts and storage
select format system
then go to advanced

@yogesh.kalyana

checking md5 sums
restoring boot image
restoring system
restoring data
restoring cache
Restore Complete

one more question

the reason is simple bro
restoring cache

these errors happen as when the backup was done few apps might have been moved by you into the sd card via move to sd card option in settings
now since you flashed a new rom the apps data was changed and thus cannot be restored therefore these error messages come in
apart from that i can assure you it is something you should never worry about

now for the xperia boot logo can be easily removed by flashing the micromax boot logo
here is the download link https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_F...it?usp=sharing
and flash it by recovery mode
as
simply go to recovery
and select install via zip
and after install reboot

most of the rom develeopers say not to do wipe /data factory reset once the rom is installed as they want you to reboot after the installation or flash
but since we did a factory reset before installation that nullifies it
as if you install/flash a rom without wiping factory data/reset before the flash all apps get merged and your phone gives you a hell lot of bugs
so just wipe data before a flash and after flash only reboot
\
keep pressing thank !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yogesh.kalyana For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th December 2014, 08:17 PM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Exclamation Not able to flash stock rom again.
Hello experts,
I am facing issue with my canvas 4. Here it goes my story:
I was trying to install twrp recovery through twrp manager where it showed some warning of bricking device as exact device was not listed and some \dev\recovery path was not verified. Still I tried to install recovery and result into no sim card detection after reboot though recovery was not installed
Later I came to know about Mobile uncle tool with which I successfully installed cwm recovery for my canvas 4. As my main goal was to try pureXperia z2 rom, I installed it through recovery. Rom works fine but still sim card issue persists.
I think putting the fresh stock rom again should solve my problem So I downloaded stock rom and GAPPS. This time I made backup of existing xperia rom and trying to flash stock rom but booting stucks at boot logo. Also boot logo still shows pure Xperia which shouldn't happen.
Please help to solve this.

Thanks,
Shailesh
17th December 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #37  
Thanks Meter: 8

124 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaileshwankhede

Hello experts,
I was trying to install twrp recovery through twrp manager where it showed some warning of bricking device as exact device was not listed and some \dev\recovery path was not verified. Still I tried to install recovery and result into no sim card detection after reboot though recovery was not installed
Later I came to know about Mobile uncle tool with which I successfully installed cwm recovery for my canvas 4. As my main goal was to try pureXperia z2 rom, I installed it through recovery. Rom works fine but still sim card issue persists.
I think putting the fresh stock rom again should solve my problem So I downloaded stock rom and GAPPS. This time I made backup of existing xperia rom and trying to flash stock rom but booting stucks at boot logo. Also boot logo still shows pure Xperia which shouldn't happen.

Thanks,
Shailesh

This may resolve this issue

Clean the sim card (circuit side) with cloth > Check and make sure that no dust particle is in sim card slot > put both sim card and switch on the phone > put the zip file of rom in the internal sd card > Turn phone off and remove External memory card > Turn phone on > Turn on airplane mode > reboot phone to recovery mode > wipe cache > wipe dalvik cache > wipe data/factory reset > flash the rom
17th December 2014, 05:11 PM   |  #38  
OP Senior Member
Flag Searching.......
Thanks Meter: 49

146 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaileshwankhede

Hello experts,

Thanks,
Shailesh

1.Remove your external sd card
2.flash stock rom first...using sptools(mind it ... no modified stock roms.... only the original one......).
3.after flshing goto settings>storage> format your internal sd card.......
4. reboot
5. Root
6.Install cwm recovery(mind it .... no twrp!! no modified cwm... only original one)
7.flash the PXZ2 rom... followinf on screen instructions... or this tutorial by me....
8. you are done

Donot forget to backup your valuable data and contact first....
Donot go for any app backup/whole rom backup.... as your system is already in unstable mode.....

Hope this helps!!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
install, installing, pure xperia z2
Previous Thread Next Thread