Android 4.4.3 KitKat for Canvas Magnus A117 has finally arrived.
Say thanks to @chrmhoffmann for compiling the first ever CM11 for MT6589.
ORIGINAL THREAD: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2676086
#include /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading * cause of male impotence. */
- SIM1 for phone calls (incoming/outgoing) and SMS, data (2g, 3g)
- SIM2 is a WIP
- Audio (microphone - now also outside phone calls, loudspeaker, headphones)
- Wifi (not wifi direct)
- GPS (no A-GPS yet nor EPO assist files, so the fix can take a bit)
- hw composer
- camera for taking pictures (not video)
- wifi and usb tethering
- battery usage stats (expect the usage for Display to be very unprecise)
- candy crush, facebook and twitter
What doesn't work, known bugs:
- 2nd sim card 3G switch
- Dual SIM is a WIP, not has some bugs (data connection instability, etc.)
- camera for "movies" does not work
- (hw) video en/decoding not enabled
- bluetooth not available
- FM radio not available
- A-GPS does not work, GPS works though but slowish
- rest of MTK specifics (what?)
- ... you tell me
Patch for weak signal in Sim1/2
Change logs :
Changelog CM11 0.11
- Sync with CM (very close to M8)
- expose all internal storage location for mass storage USB
- USB OTG for external USB location
Custom kernel with lots of governors and schedulers included
Changelog CM11 0.10
- Sync with CM (very close to M8)
- Update blobs from latest Wiko OTA
Changelog CM11 0.9
- Torch (flashlight) enabled
- updated to latest CM (i.e. 4.4.4 as of June 28th)
OLDER VERSIONS :
V0.8 : http://p.pw/babrbe
Place the zip files in sdcard.
Reboot to recovery
Wipe data/factory reset.
Wipe dalvik Cache.
Install cm11.zip and followed by gapps.
How to enable DualSim: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...91&postcount=2
How to swap memories : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=249
Steps for GPS LOCK http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=530
Refer post #4 for more detailed FAQ's
@chrmhoffmann For bringing the first ever CM11 for an MT6589 device. (THANK HIM IN HIS ORIGINAL THREAD).
@kashifmin for his support and guidance at all times
@Xenon1978 for his support & @Siddhesh for his tireless support at all times.
Thanks to many unknown people whom i don't know but helped me in this project by testing whenever asked since i don't own this device
Android: https://gerrit.omnirom.org/#/q/topic:mt6589,n,z - more to come
Last but not least HIT Thanks if i helped you ! Hitting thanks doesn't cost you but encourages me to work more !
[ROM][CM11][Kitkat -4.4.4][PORT][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 For Canvas Magnus A117 v0.11, ROM for the Micromax Canvas Magnus A117
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: CyanogenMod
Current Beta Version: 0.8
Beta Release Date: 2014-06-22
Last Updated 2014-07-26
hi sir i am using "karbonn titanium x" mobile which was working under Mt6589T chip set.....
what my question is there is no avalibele of compactable recovery for this mobile can you please develope a recovery for this mobile....
i am sending my stock recovery and boot.img files...
are please develope kitkat rom for his devise.....
please help me sir....