Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 44,098 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Installing ICS stock camera app on any 4.2 custom ROM

Tip us?

abalsy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Installing ICS stock camera app on any 4.2 custom ROM

Am sorry if this appears to be a noob, or even silly, question.
I have been trying some custom ROMs (all based on 4.2), and somehow, the camera app isnt working perfectly/smoothly on the ROMs with which I am otherwise completely happy with.
So, I was just wondering if its possible to to have an installable camera app from the stock ICS ROM??

Dmonix
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by abalsy View Post
Am sorry if this appears to be a noob, or even silly, question.
I have been trying some custom ROMs (all based on 4.2), and somehow, the camera app isnt working perfectly/smoothly on the ROMs with which I am otherwise completely happy with.
So, I was just wondering if its possible to to have an installable camera app from the stock ICS ROM??
What you mean "perfectly/smoothly"?
Have you tried camera ics from play store?

abalsy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmonix View Post
What you mean "perfectly/smoothly"?
Have you tried camera ics from play store?
Camera app FCs once every 10-12 times I open the app. When "working", only the still camera and video recorder modes work. Selecting he Panorama mode or the other mode (sorry I know/cant remember the name) FCs the app and gives me a "Gallery FC" error message.

Makshow
Old
(Last edited by Makshow; 19th August 2014 at 10:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 37
If you're using ROM with LiteKernel, the problem of FC-ing when open camera app is inside the kernel, not app. Especially if your whole phone sometimes becomes laggy and crashes when you open camera app.
I'm using Camera FV-5 (it's great), so, can't help with your question, but try stock kernel at first: link and see if the issue persists.
The latest google camera from play store isn't supported, so stick to default CM one or some other alternative.