Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Upgraded Glide to ICS - now pretty much everything won't work

OP swingwise

1st July 2014, 01:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
My Captivate Glide has to last me 6 more months, but hardly any apps work in ICS. To be fair, it would hardly make phone calls on Gingerbread. In fact, I'd press call, and from 5 to 60 seconds later, it would make the call. Occasionally longer! Well, I was sick of that so I decided to try ICS. Got it to work through Odin3 (Samsung's software is not useful) and here it sits, not doing much of anything. Kindle, Maple Audio, MyFiles, Astro File Manager, Flixster, Task Manager, and a bunch of other apps just won't work. I've searched the forums, and the only bug I've found discussed is the keyboard backlight (which works perfectly). I do not want to downgrade. If anyone has any solutions, I'd greatly appreciate the help? (The only apps that seem to work are Fruit Ninja, email apps, Flashlight LED, and a few others. Battery gets hot, too.
1st July 2014, 10:59 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 20

125 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingwise

My Captivate Glide has to last me 6 more months, but hardly any apps work in ICS. To be fair, it would hardly make phone calls on Gingerbread. In fact, I'd press call, and from 5 to 60 seconds later, it would make the call. Occasionally longer! Well, I was sick of that so I decided to try ICS. Got it to work through Odin3 (Samsung's software is not useful) and here it sits, not doing much of anything. Kindle, Maple Audio, MyFiles, Astro File Manager, Flixster, Task Manager, and a bunch of other apps just won't work. I've searched the forums, and the only bug I've found discussed is the keyboard backlight (which works perfectly). I do not want to downgrade. If anyone has any solutions, I'd greatly appreciate the help? (The only apps that seem to work are Fruit Ninja, email apps, Flashlight LED, and a few others. Battery gets hot, too.

Wow, sounds like a bad flash, or something really messed up going on... Have you tried flashing dmanīs stock ICS? Or maybe one of the KK Roms? A really handy guide is located in general with step by step instructions
22nd July 2014, 10:07 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 189

238 posts
Donate to Me
More
Or you could give sediROM a try

Sent from my SGH-I927 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apps don't work, calls are slow, ics, samsung captivate glide
Previous Thread Next Thread