Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,506 Members 40,367 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Upgraded Glide to ICS - now pretty much everything won't work

Tip us?

swingwise
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Upgraded Glide to ICS - now pretty much everything won't work

My Captivate Glide has to last me 6 more months, but hardly any apps work in ICS. To be fair, it would hardly make phone calls on Gingerbread. In fact, I'd press call, and from 5 to 60 seconds later, it would make the call. Occasionally longer! Well, I was sick of that so I decided to try ICS. Got it to work through Odin3 (Samsung's software is not useful) and here it sits, not doing much of anything. Kindle, Maple Audio, MyFiles, Astro File Manager, Flixster, Task Manager, and a bunch of other apps just won't work. I've searched the forums, and the only bug I've found discussed is the keyboard backlight (which works perfectly). I do not want to downgrade. If anyone has any solutions, I'd greatly appreciate the help? (The only apps that seem to work are Fruit Ninja, email apps, Flashlight LED, and a few others. Battery gets hot, too.

lasuazo
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingwise View Post
My Captivate Glide has to last me 6 more months, but hardly any apps work in ICS. To be fair, it would hardly make phone calls on Gingerbread. In fact, I'd press call, and from 5 to 60 seconds later, it would make the call. Occasionally longer! Well, I was sick of that so I decided to try ICS. Got it to work through Odin3 (Samsung's software is not useful) and here it sits, not doing much of anything. Kindle, Maple Audio, MyFiles, Astro File Manager, Flixster, Task Manager, and a bunch of other apps just won't work. I've searched the forums, and the only bug I've found discussed is the keyboard backlight (which works perfectly). I do not want to downgrade. If anyone has any solutions, I'd greatly appreciate the help? (The only apps that seem to work are Fruit Ninja, email apps, Flashlight LED, and a few others. Battery gets hot, too.
Wow, sounds like a bad flash, or something really messed up going on... Have you tried flashing dmanīs stock ICS? Or maybe one of the KK Roms? A really handy guide is located in general with step by step instructions

xdajog
Old
Thanks Meter 60

DONATE TO ME
Or you could give sediROM a try

Sent from my SGH-I927 using XDA Free mobile app
I really love keyboard smartphones ...
PETITION FOR MORE QWERTY PHONES! >Click here< and sign the petition so Qwerty may not die...

My "Keyboard-History"

Alive:
Samsung Captivate Glide / SGH-I927 (rollin on sediROM v1.0)
LG Optimus F3Q (rollin on Stock JB, rooted)

Retired:

HTC Desire Z / Vision (my 1st Droid ) , Nokia N97 mini, Nokia E90 Communicator, Nokia 9300i Communicator, Nokia 9210 Communicator, Nokia 9500 Communicator
Tags
apps don't work, calls are slow, ics, samsung captivate glide