[ROM][STOCK][RECOVERY][v1.3] CUBOT ONE

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By dave.., Junior Member on 26th July 2014, 09:01 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
5th November 2014, 12:11 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I installed CWM via Mobileuncle Tools, then flashed MIUI 3.12.13 from the link....didn't work, greyed screen :-|

6th November 2014, 12:08 AM |#22  

More
Never mind...
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick.ogrady

I installed CWM via Mobileuncle Tools, then flashed MIUI 3.12.13 from the link....didn't work, greyed screen :-|

"...then install boot.zip..."

MIUI 3.12.13 installs fine and works....except for the dual SIM feature, SIM 1 dropped in and out, and I couldn't make a call...otherwise it looks nice enough...
6th March 2015, 09:15 PM |#23  

More
There is Russian forumwith numbers of ROMs for Cubot One. But there is no Kit Kat ROM.
Does anyone working to make such a ROM ?

P.S. can't post link, if you want PM me.
2nd May 2015, 11:21 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0b

Good news for everyone with a newer Cubot, who is looking for the v1.5.

Today the guys from Cubot finally replied to my emails.

This is the link for the 1.5 firmware:

For me it worked out very well, I rescued my Cubot with it.

But be aware that this the latest version of the firmware, propably for the newer Cubot One.

Is there already news on any new ports for our Cubots? I tried to flash the new MIUI V5, but it doesn't work with the new Cubot One. I just see a grey screen after installing it successful. Man I would kill a OMNIROM or Cyanogenmod...

Regards
rob

Hello Rob,

Did you try this firmware 1.5 on a cubot with originally firmware 1.3?
And how does it work, what is the difference between firmware 1.3?

Thank you very much!
9th May 2015, 05:52 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hey FX_fighter,

I am sorry, but I can't tell you the difference in detail, because back then I got a newer Cubot and wasn't able to install an old version like 1.3.

I would guess that they just modified the 1.3 a little bit, that the software fits the hardware in the newer Cubot, like the new displays.

Best
r0b
20th June 2015, 02:48 PM |#26  

More
Build properties
@Maximus1a @bigrammy @dave.. Hi. I do not currently know which version my Cubot One was running before I installed a custom ROM. I have it on MIUI V4.8.29 at the moment and everything works hunky dory except the wifi and the bluetooth. When I try to switch them on, they just grey out for approximately 5 seconds and return to the "off" position. After rigorous googling, I was led to believe that the problem may reside in the hardware, but as I was walking home from school one afternoon, my phone randomly notified me of open networks that were available. I took this to mean that the wifi worked again, but when I got home, it had returned to the same off position as before. This gives me the inclination that it is in fact not a hardware issue, but a software issue of some kind. I think that, seeing as the build properties are the only things that were changed in the custom ROM updating, that THEY are the things I need to change back in order to regain the functions of wifi and bluetooth. I would appreciate any posting of the build.prop file for the original Cubot One stock ROM or suggestions that would inform me as to where I went wrong. To prevent redundant suggestions, yes, I've tried a full system wipe and reinstalling of several different custom ROMs (not the stock one, because I couldn't find it anywhere) and yes, I've tried turning it off and on again, several times.

Thanks, for your help,
J F Stanley
Last edited by angryeyejuice; 22nd June 2015 at 03:37 PM.
22nd June 2015, 09:26 PM |#27  

More
@Maximus1a @dave.. @bigrammy could you please post a copy of the original V1.5 build.prop file as a flashable .zip? This would really help me out

Cheers,
J F Stanley
23rd June 2015, 06:16 AM |#28  
Flag huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 604

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryeyejuice

@Maximus1a @dave.. @bigrammy could you please post a copy of the original V1.5 build.prop file as a flashable .zip? This would really help me out
Cheers,
J F Stanley

I doubt it's the build.prop and more likely your boot.img. If you are on my rom you need to flash your stock original boot.img with that ROM.
Most of the official stock roms are HERE Just look thru the list but be careful and make sure it's the cubot ONE mtk6589 and not some other model.
The boot.img in my ROM is from the G800_CUBOT_D1_V0.6_20131205_MJK I think but I no longer have the phone so cant test anything.
I have attached the stock build.prop for the above so just remove the .txt extension to use it.
Attached Files
File Type: txt build.prop.txt - [Click for QR Code] (3.3 KB, 18 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to bigrammy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cubot-one

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)