Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,884 Members 52,534 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Keep CC clean - Guidelines

Tip us?

NeoS
Old
(Last edited by NeoS; 29th February 2012 at 11:05 PM.)
Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - There is no N00b... - OP
Thanks Meter 839

DONATE TO ME
Default Keep CC clean - Guidelines

Hello developers and aspiring developers!

Seeing Chef Central is a pretty good resource for beginners and current developers to exchange info, it would be nice to have it a bit more organized.

I propose the following:
  • Tags
    As you've probably seen around more places on XDA, TAGS are used to show us what the thread is about. Some threads here are already tagged, and it's that what we'd like to see.
    Think about TAGS along the line of: [TUT], [Guide], [PORT], [Kernel], [Tool], [Kitchen], etc. Also, the [Q] tag should ALWAYS be used when a question is posted that couldn't be solved after taking the following steps...
  • Posting in threads instead of creating new ones
    If you have a question about anything found in Chef Central, ask them in their respective threads. Don't open a new one just because no one answered your question in one day. Ask again, if you have to, in the same thread. Or, try the next best thing...
  • Searching
    You should know that most of the stuff on XDA is searchable, even through Google's searchengine. I even recommend doing a search BEFORE asking a question. And if we keep this forum organized, searching would be pretty easy, now won't it? Speaking of organized...
  • Cleaning up
    Obviously, this is something a moderator should do. In this particular case, we have several moderators that can do this: Some Recognized Developers are able to moderate this forum. To see who is able to do so, look at the bottom right of the Chef Central main forum.
    Reporting also works wonders here; maintenance work is something we mods do too. Report a thread that needs to be cleaned/closed/stickied/etc. Make it a bit easier for us.
  • Device specific threads
    All device specific questions should be posted in their respective forums. If there isn't any, post in general Android development.

So, with this, I want to start a "spring cleaning" if you will. Development is key here on XDA developers, and the place where most development is happening, it's a mess... Oh, the irony.

Oh and please, if you have any ideas or comments regarding this post, do not refrain from posting them here.

Let's start cleaning, shall we?

|How to make a good signature|How to be a new user|Rules|Moderator List|

Device list in chronological order: Nokia 7650, Nokia 6260, Nokia N80, HTC Artemis, HTC Polaris, HTC Blackstone, HTC Iolite, HTC Passion, Samsung GT9100, Asus Grouper, LG Mako, LG Hammerhead. Which one will be next?
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to NeoS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rostislav.89
Old
Thanks Meter 5
thank you

niquelfer
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks!

kinner11
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoS View Post
Hello developers and aspiring developers!

Seeing Chef Central is a pretty good resource for beginners and current developers to exchange info, it would be nice to have it a bit more organized.

I propose the following:
  • Tags
    As you've probably seen around more places on XDA, TAGS are used to show us what the thread is about. Some threads here are already tagged, and it's that what we'd like to see.
    Think about TAGS along the line of: [TUT], [Guide], [PORT], [Kernel], [Tool], [Kitchen], etc. Also, the [Q] tag should ALWAYS be used when a question is posted that couldn't be solved after taking the following steps...
  • Posting in threads instead of creating new ones
    If you have a question about anything found in Chef Central, ask them in their respective threads. Don't open a new one just because no one answered your question in one day. Ask again, if you have to, in the same thread. Or, try the next best thing...
  • Searching
    You should know that most of the stuff on XDA is searchable, even through Google's searchengine. I even recommend doing a search BEFORE asking a question. And if we keep this forum organized, searching would be pretty easy, now won't it? Speaking of organized...
  • Cleaning up
    Obviously, this is something a moderator should do. In this particular case, we have several moderators that can do this: Some Recognized Developers are able to moderate this forum. To see who is able to do so, look at the bottom right of the Chef Central main forum.
    Reporting also works wonders here; maintenance work is something we mods do too. Report a thread that needs to be cleaned/closed/stickied/etc. Make it a bit easier for us.
  • Device specific threads
    All device specific questions should be posted in their respective forums. If there isn't any, post in general Android development.

So, with this, I want to start a "spring cleaning" if you will. Development is key here on XDA developers, and the place where most development is happening, it's a mess... Oh, the irony.

Oh and please, if you have any ideas or comments regarding this post, do not refrain from posting them here.

Let's start cleaning, shall we?

jroc.45448
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up good post

I really hope this is a great source of info for me. So far everything that I've needed has been found here. So keep up the great work.

Ngohaidang
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Good....thanks so much

djayz111
Old
Thanks Meter 17
thatnks...

tian123456
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Good....thanks so much

k2spy04
Old
Thanks Meter 0
thanks

Disharmony
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default Thanks.

Thanks bro.

''Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford''

Team Phoenix Member

The Following User Says Thank You to Disharmony For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]