Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,428 Members 47,276 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Zopo ZP998 root doesn´t work | Vroot, towelroot

Tip us?

Spaxs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Zopo ZP998 root doesn´t work | Vroot, towelroot

Hi all,

I have a Zopo ZP998 Octocore phone. Yesterday I flashed it to Android 4.4, the latest available version from the vendor.
Google told me 4.4 should be rootable easily with "towelroot" or "vroot". I tried both, nothing worked. Towelroot tells me the phone is not
supported and VROOT worked until to nearly end and tells me "unsuccessful". There is only the option to root by hand but
I didn´t do that.

I am sure I have done all correct. I installed the windows drivers under Win7 and the phone is recognized by the system and
also by the VROOT software. I turned on USB debugging and I also installed the APK part of the vroot on my phone.

Any ideas what I can do more? Root is not that important for me but I´d like to do it.

THX Matt

Spaxs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaxs View Post
Hi all,

I have a Zopo ZP998 Octocore phone. Yesterday I flashed it to Android 4.4, the latest available version from the vendor.
Google told me 4.4 should be rootable easily with "towelroot" or "vroot". I tried both, nothing worked. Towelroot tells me the phone is not
supported and VROOT worked until to nearly end and tells me "unsuccessful". There is only the option to root by hand but
I didn´t do that.

I am sure I have done all correct. I installed the windows drivers under Win7 and the phone is recognized by the system and
also by the VROOT software. I turned on USB debugging and I also installed the APK part of the vroot on my phone.

Any ideas what I can do more? Root is not that important for me but I´d like to do it.

THX Matt
OK, I found out where the problem was. I had the wrong version of VROOT. You need the 1.7
After that all works perfect. Thank you.