No registration required

Blackberry APK

OP namenamename111

18th August 2014, 01:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Hi everybody

I hope this is the right section for my question, if not, please don't kill me.

I'm a Blackberry Q10 user. We can run Android apps on Blackberry because there is a emulator that comes with the phone. Most applications run very smoothly, although there is one that doesn't work. And I just don't know why...

The Z10 (the bigger Blackberry) can run "The Simpsons Tapped Out" without any problems, although the Q10 (the Blackberry with touch and keyboard) cannot. When you launch the application it will show the splash screen (EA logo, etc) and then it will turn black for infinite time.

First I thought it was a resolution issue. I decompiled the standard APK from the Play Store, changing the resolution with some success. The splash screen is now the "normal" size for the screen (720x720). Rest is still the same. Then I thought, it might be a data issue. I've downloaded all the data, extracted it, etc. Without success.

Now, I am clueless, I'm not a programmer and I tried for several hours fixing the problem. I just can't, I need help on this on.

Would anyone here be so kind, helping me in this process of finding out why the screen turns black?

Kind regards
19th August 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #2  
Flag ismailia
Thanks Meter: 459

975 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by namenamename111

Hi everybody

I hope this is the right section for my question, if not, please don't kill me.

I'm a Blackberry Q10 user. We can run Android apps on Blackberry because there is a emulator that comes with the phone. Most applications run very smoothly, although there is one that doesn't work. And I just don't know why...

The Z10 (the bigger Blackberry) can run "The Simpsons Tapped Out" without any problems, although the Q10 (the Blackberry with touch and keyboard) cannot. When you launch the application it will show the splash screen (EA logo, etc) and then it will turn black for infinite time.

First I thought it was a resolution issue. I decompiled the standard APK from the Play Store, changing the resolution with some success. The splash screen is now the "normal" size for the screen (720x720). Rest is still the same. Then I thought, it might be a data issue. I've downloaded all the data, extracted it, etc. Without success.

Now, I am clueless, I'm not a programmer and I tried for several hours fixing the problem. I just can't, I need help on this on.

Would anyone here be so kind, helping me in this process of finding out why the screen turns black?

Kind regards

You have to logcat, but since this is a BB device it's hard to help, maybe some libraries are missing in the emulator
20th August 2014, 07:52 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohamedrashad

You have to logcat, but since this is a BB device it's hard to help, maybe some libraries are missing in the emulator

The emulator comes standard with BlackBerry OS 10. The APK runs fine on a Z10 but not on a Q10. Is log cat an application?
20th August 2014, 02:11 PM   |  #4  
Flag ismailia
Thanks Meter: 459

975 posts
More
Logcat is a program that tracks all system actions, you can read the log to debug your rom or apps

for your prblem i suggest that the game need specific resultion that is not avaiable on the small q10 screen
20th August 2014, 02:21 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohamedrashad

Logcat is a program that tracks all system actions, you can read the log to debug your rom or apps

for your prblem i suggest that the game need specific resultion that is not avaiable on the small q10 screen

I call bull**** on the last one.

Thanks for nothing XDA.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread