No registration required

could not find class referenced from method

OP djolec987

18th August 2014, 10:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi all...

I made a java web app for restaurant recommendation. I created SOAP web services for accessing the server. Now I need to make android client for that web app and I want to use the web services I made. So... I go to my command prompt and type the following

Code:
wsimport -keep -s src <WSDL_URI>
which generates source files that I need to use in order to consume web services. I then go to my Android project, create package named "com.restaurec.services" (that's the name of the package that the source files are in), and simply copy the files there. Then I import the necessary libraries (javax.xml.bind.jar, javax.jws-3.0.1.jar, and jaxws-api-2.2.1.jar) as external jars and try to run the application.

Now, in run time log cat says: Could not find class 'com.restaurec.services.BlahBlah' referenced from method 'com.example.MainActivity.method.

and then the application crashes with NoClassDefFoundException

I also tried to put the libraries (javax.xml.bind.jar, javax.jws-3.0.1.jar, and jaxws-api-2.2.1.jar) in libs folder, but that did not work either.

I was also trying to Order and Export (by the way, I have no clue what these options do, so if anyone could explain I would appreciate it), but that did not do the magic also.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread