No registration required

New Developer

OP dewsy96

10th July 2014, 10:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hey all,

I'm quite new to the Android development, but I have about a half a year of Java experience. I've been reading "Java Programming for Android Developers For Dummies" by Barry Burd, but I'm completely lost.

I need to make an Android app for school, so I just want to make a simple Tetris clone. Any help that anyone has would be very much appreciated!
11th July 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 22

20 posts
First application
I would start with some easy application and after try to create something like tetris. For game you will need some framework not just Java and Android.
The Following User Says Thank You to johnyf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #3  
Flag Mechelen
Thanks Meter: 26

64 posts
More
Yeah, something like http://libgdx.badlogicgames.com
The Following User Says Thank You to thecryof For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th July 2014, 08:10 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewsy96

Hey all,

I'm quite new to the Android development, but I have about a half a year of Java experience. I've been reading "Java Programming for Android Developers For Dummies" by Barry Burd, but I'm completely lost.

I need to make an Android app for school, so I just want to make a simple Tetris clone. Any help that anyone has would be very much appreciated!

For learning android i suggest u take a look at the new boston tutorial series. For games, Beginning android 4 games is a very good read. It explains game development fundamentals in detail.
17th July 2014, 02:28 PM   |  #5  
Flag London, ON
Thanks Meter: 9

20 posts
Super Wilmer
I'd suggest using libGDX as well, I'm starting to port our game Super Wilmer to it, the reason you want to go with a framework like this is so that you can port to other platforms, like iOS for example. They have a lot of good support material and getting started tutorials.

Here is the documentation to get you started...

http://libgdx.badlogicgames.com/documentation.html
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread