Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,614 Members 40,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New Developer

Tip us?

dewsy96
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default New Developer

Hey all,

I'm quite new to the Android development, but I have about a half a year of Java experience. I've been reading "Java Programming for Android Developers For Dummies" by Barry Burd, but I'm completely lost.

I need to make an Android app for school, so I just want to make a simple Tetris clone. Any help that anyone has would be very much appreciated!

johnyf
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Default First application

I would start with some easy application and after try to create something like tetris. For game you will need some framework not just Java and Android.
The Following User Says Thank You to johnyf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thecryof
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Yeah, something like http://libgdx.badlogicgames.com
The Following User Says Thank You to thecryof For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

OkieKokie
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewsy96 View Post
Hey all,

I'm quite new to the Android development, but I have about a half a year of Java experience. I've been reading "Java Programming for Android Developers For Dummies" by Barry Burd, but I'm completely lost.

I need to make an Android app for school, so I just want to make a simple Tetris clone. Any help that anyone has would be very much appreciated!
For learning android i suggest u take a look at the new boston tutorial series. For games, Beginning android 4 games is a very good read. It explains game development fundamentals in detail.

WilmerStudios
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Super Wilmer

I'd suggest using libGDX as well, I'm starting to port our game Super Wilmer to it, the reason you want to go with a framework like this is so that you can port to other platforms, like iOS for example. They have a lot of good support material and getting started tutorials.

Here is the documentation to get you started...

http://libgdx.badlogicgames.com/documentation.html
Try our challenging and unique action platformer hybrid....."Super Mario meets Angry Birds"
SuperWilmerBanner

Google Play Download

YouTube Trailer!