No registration required

Hello World Program

OP Xarzu

3rd July 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello Forum !!

I am a complete newbie. I have a brand new Linux distrobution desktop and I am looking to do app development and testing for android.

I will describe my system now. I am using Ubuntu with Red Hat as a VM. On Red Hat, I have eclipse installed. I have all the Android ADT and SDK components installed as well. I have customized the various parts to ensure that I can communicate with the device I am using. The device I am using is plugged in via USB port. It is a Samsung Galaxy Note 2, running android.

So, how do I write and run a simple, "Hello World" style program now?
3rd July 2014, 10:01 PM   |  #2  
Flag Wrocław
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarzu

Hello Forum !!

I am a complete newbie. I have a brand new Linux distrobution desktop and I am looking to do app development and testing for android.

I will describe my system now. I am using Ubuntu with Red Hat as a VM. On Red Hat, I have eclipse installed. I have all the Android ADT and SDK components installed as well. I have customized the various parts to ensure that I can communicate with the device I am using. The device I am using is plugged in via USB port. It is a Samsung Galaxy Note 2, running android.

So, how do I write and run a simple, "Hello World" style program now?

You have everything in the source: developers.android.com Enjoy
4th July 2014, 01:53 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

34 posts
When you created a new project on it's default settings, the hello world program is already included.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread