playing audio files in an app
I am desperate for advice and support on how to develop an android app that plays music audio files.
The app itself would have a home screen, about screen and a tracks screen.
The user when they navigate to tracks screen would have a list view of music audio files they can listen to on their android device.
The music audio file itself can either be stored in a SQL server database or ftp site , I don't know what would be best in terms of delivering optimal performance for end user?
The app would be like a service that would just play in the back ground allowing users to use their phone whilst listening to the music track(s).
My problems are:
- how can I actually develop this?
- there are no tutorials on the net, all music playing apps on YouTube, stack overflow and other websites do not show how to read music from SQL or ftp server.
I would be eternally grateful to anyone who could kindly advise me:
- best way to store each music audio file? Ftp or SQL
- in any case SQL would have to be used I believe to store the weblinks if I were to use FTP
- each music file of which there are around 150-180 is around 100mb in size and is of mp3 quality
Please , please , please can you help me develop this? Or guide me so I may be able to do it.
Please advise me on best way to set this up and get me started...
Thank you in advance
Samsung Galaxy SII i9100
ROM: Sabermod SlimRom 4.4.2 (KIT KAT BABY!!! Thanks FusioJack)