Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 45,003 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Preventing app writing to xml

Tip us?

HsHTCsen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Preventing app writing to xml

Hi, I have an app that allows downloads however, after 2 downloads, I'm required to click on an ad for a few seconds to allow more downloads. I've managed to stop the ads but want to get rid of the ad click action. I've traced it to a small xml file that simply increase a value="2". Can I simply stop the app writing to this file and will that work? I've tried changing owner and permissions but the app just changes them back on run. Thanks

deanwray
Old
Thanks Meter 418

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by HsHTCsen View Post
Hi, I have an app that allows downloads however, after 2 downloads, I'm required to click on an ad for a few seconds to allow more downloads. I've managed to stop the ads but want to get rid of the ad click action. I've traced it to a small xml file that simply increase a value="2". Can I simply stop the app writing to this file and will that work? I've tried changing owner and permissions but the app just changes them back on run. Thanks
OK this is TOTALLY wrong on 2 counts

1. You the user should not attempt to break monetization of a developers app, thats piracy/stealing and not nice at all. Also not the right community to ask in.

2. Report the app and the developer as any influence towards forced clicks on ads is against all ad policies and google play agreements

Hope that helps
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe