Ask a question

No registration required

Android Examination App

OP clonedaccnt

18th August 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

35 posts
I'm going to fetch the questions and answers from my web server using JSON, this data are dynamic, sometimes a question has two or three answers, question type can be any combination of the following: multiple choice, true or false, identification, fill in the blanks etc.

The answer on how to do a dynamic layout on android is to let java takeover on adding layout and components instead of XML. (is this correct?)

How can I make my app to have one activity/view per question? Is this memory intensive? For example the data from the web server contains a hundred questions.

I want the user to have access to previous questions. For example I'm currently on question number 21 and I want to go back to question number 11 for some reasons, is this possible? How can I do this? (All questions are randomized)
18th August 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #2  
Flag Aachen
Thanks Meter: 337

347 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clonedaccnt

I'm going to fetch the questions and answers from my web server using JSON, this data are dynamic, sometimes a question has two or three answers, question type can be any combination of the following: multiple choice, true or false, identification, fill in the blanks etc.

The answer on how to do a dynamic layout on android is to let java takeover on adding layout and components instead of XML. (is this correct?)

How can I make my app to have one activity/view per question? Is this memory intensive? For example the data from the web server contains a hundred questions.

I want the user to have access to previous questions. For example I'm currently on question number 21 and I want to go back to question number 11 for some reasons, is this possible? How can I do this? (All questions are randomized)

For your view, you'd make one Layout containing multiple TextViews whose texts you set only in your java code, that way it can have different questions.
Then there is a ListView for scrolling between the questions or for instance a ViewPager.

Remember to start with small components like the question screen and worry about getting the questions from the server and stuff later
19th August 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

35 posts
Is there anybody else wants to share their insights on this?
20th August 2014, 11:16 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 429

1,145 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by clonedaccnt

Is there anybody else wants to share their insights on this?

Even though it may not seem like it, this is a very simple app...and it comes down to "simple" understanding of "listview,adapters,intents,asyncTasks,JSON/GSON" and then quite a simple design flow.... if you start to learn this most of what you need you will know and what you don't you will be able to ask direct questions about (cause you will have knowledge to do so)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread