FORUMS

Time-Lapse with ChronoSnap – XDA App Review

Some of the most interesting pictures are time-lapse animations that capture the … more

XeroAsh Theme for CM12

This theme by XDA Senior Member balrajs99 features a black and slate gray UI that gives your phone a … more

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Restart service after kill

18th August 2014, 09:01 PM |#11  
Flag Aachen
Thanks Meter: 341

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Clephas

Look this app says it can't be killed by task managers https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mobile.applock

Just an idea, it might be possible when your app is a Device Admin with the APIs that you get with that. Though you have to read it yourself, I have no clue about how it works.
The Following User Says Thank You to SimplicityApks For This Useful Post: [ View ]

18th August 2014, 09:03 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 372

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplicityApks

Just an idea, it might be possible when your app is a Device Admin with the APIs that you get with that. Though you have to read it yourself, I have no clue about how it works.

Thanks I will look at that. Most people have my app as Device Admin because that way it can't be uninstalled

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th August 2014, 10:07 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 372

Donate to Me
More
Well I found the solution.
When device admin is enabled the app can't be force-stopped or uninstalled. Then the user can only stop the service and then the onDestroy methode is called so then I can restart the service again. Tanks guys :thumbup:

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread