Thanks Meter: 2,116

By hansip87, Senior Member on 3rd July 2014, 11:46 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
10th October 2015, 01:05 PM |#41  
Flag Treviso
Thanks Meter: 471

More
Hi.

I'm using your small app in my Xperia M2 with 5.1.1 and I like it quite a lot. It's actually the only small app I use.

Still, there are a couple of issues:
- As you probably know already it consumes a bit too much CPU. Even up to 20% monitoring with "busybox top". It's a bit surprising because another monitoring full app in the background consumes far less.
- I am afraid the single core loads monitoring is flat wrong. I compared it in real time with the app I mentioned above and with "busybox pmstat". It also makes little sense because at min frequency it often shows all cores as active

Apart from that it's good. Thanks.

10th October 2015, 03:32 PM |#42  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jakarta

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miche1asso

Hi.

I'm using your small app in my Xperia M2 with 5.1.1 and I like it quite a lot. It's actually the only small app I use.

Still, there are a couple of issues:
- As you probably know already it consumes a bit too much CPU. Even up to 20% monitoring with "busybox top". It's a bit surprising because another monitoring full app in the background consumes far less.
- I am afraid the single core loads monitoring is flat wrong. I compared it in real time with the app I mentioned above and with "busybox pmstat". It also makes little sense because at min frequency it often shows all cores as active

Apart from that it's good. Thanks.

Hi Michel, Well, try to reduce the number of module might help you to get less cpu load. Or try to increase the monitoring refresh cycle provided in the setting page.
About the single core, Yeah i once thought that it should be an aggregate from all the cpu load despite a single core percentage provided by the system (it was calculated, not read from the system). Back then i was reading both per core load and all core load and found that they don't match, so i calculate the all core load instead of reading it directly. So if that's wrong i'll revert back. Thanks for the feedback.
Last edited by hansip87; 10th October 2015 at 03:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to hansip87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hansip87 Ad-Free
12th October 2015, 11:06 AM |#43  
Flag Treviso
Thanks Meter: 471

More
Hi @hansip87,

thanks for the reply. Are you using /proc/stats for the CPU loads values? It seems to me in there there is all the info needed to compute them. It is also readable by any user, so no root required (at least in 5.1.1 on my phone). Being just a text file it shouldn't take many computing resources to elaborate the values in real time either. It would be just a matter of subtracting the two matrixes for the different instants and then compute the percentage of idle time (just being careful about the typical "divided by zero" when a CPU core is off. ).
The Following User Says Thank You to Miche1asso For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Miche1asso Ad-Free
13th November 2015, 09:40 AM |#44  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jakarta

Donate to Me
More
Seems long ago i haven't updated this thread 1.6.3 is up and all the 810 is fixed and other tweaks is included. check OP for more details
13th March 2016, 09:42 AM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Single core frequency
Could you add the frequency of every single core? Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)