Search This thread

Crono88

Jul 5, 2010
Gargano - ITALY
www.amaraterra.com

F308

Feb 25, 2013
EU
Let me please collect information because I became somehow dizzy after reading and analyzing many pages.

If I install this superuser mod and put 4K-HFRv1.3.zip camera software (without serajr xposed module) on Z1C stock KK .108 odexed ROM, locked BL, - will I have 120 fps and additionally no lags ?

As I see - I have /system/framework/services.odex as well.
What should I do with this file ?

Last edited:

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
Let me please collect information because I became somehow dizzy after reading and analyzing many pages.

If I install this superuser mod and put 4K-HFRv1.3.zip camera software (without serajr xposed module) on Z1C stock KK .108 odexed ROM, locked BL, - will I have 120 fps and additionally no lags ?

As I see - I have /system/framework/services.odex as well.
What should I do with this file ?
1. Exactly.
2. It might work if you delete that .odex file although I recommend deodexing. I linked a guide in the file request thread.

Reactions: F308

F308

Feb 25, 2013
EU
1. Exactly.
2. It might work if you delete that .odex file although I recommend deodexing. I linked a guide in the file request thread.
I'll consider to deodex ROM.
According to my best knowledge - it is the same ROM, stock, no extra changes, just designed in different way.
Right ?

May The Power be with me. Will give a try tonight.

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
I'll consider to deodex ROM.
According to my best knowledge - it is the same ROM, stock, no extra changes, just designed in different way.
Right ?

May The Power be with me. Will give a try tonight.
Generally speaking, yes, but not quite. Please Google deodex vs odex to fully understand. It's not really that hard, but it's good to know :p

F308

Feb 25, 2013
EU
Generally speaking, yes, but not quite. Please Google deodex vs odex to fully understand. It's not really that hard, but it's good to know :p
I've read a bit.

I have two deodex zips but don't have till hands links from which both were downloaded:
1. deodex_fw.4.4.4_xperia_Z1_Compact.zip - 458758326 bytes.
2. deodex 4.4 .108 Z1C.zip - 453260694 bytes

Files in the second are newer, dated September 6'th while in first - June 27'th.
Any advice which one is better ?
Logical answer would be 'the latter'.

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
@olokos in 133 test file, PackageManagerService.smali is edited in dos/Windows I dont know if shoud be convert to unix to make it work. Can you check this? . Cheers
Lol, dude. Just flash the zip according to your rom/device and you'll be good.
I did not convert anything after decompiling.
If you are using the file from olokos could you try a test? Just copy in the sd card whatever modified apk and try to install? Look If the apk is installed without fc. Cheers
It will be, but you should rather move modified apps to where they belong manually.
I've read a bit.

I have two deodex zips but don't have till hands links from which both were downloaded:
1. deodex_fw.4.4.4_xperia_Z1_Compact.zip - 458758326 bytes.
2. deodex 4.4 .108 Z1C.zip - 453260694 bytes

Files in the second are newer, dated September 6'th while in first - June 27'th.
Any advice which one is better ?
Logical answer would be 'the latter'.
I'd go for the second cos it says for what firmware it's meant :p
Check my file request thread. You'll find a link to deodex guide there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This mod will disable Sony /system signature verification thus will allow you to use modded stock apks from Sony like home.apk.

I also do belive that using this mod instead of xposed superuser mod will make the camera startup lag to disappear and work better overall.

C6903 firmware .108 - Z1
    C6903 firmware .133 - Z1
    C6903 firmware .157 - Z1
    C6906 firmware .108 - Z1
    C6833 firmware .108 - Z Ultra

D5503 firmware .108 - Z1c
    C6943 firmware .108 - Z1 TV
    SGP521 firmware .314 - Z2 Tablet PLEASE TEST
    C6916 4.4.4 - unknown fw - file provider did not said it - Z1s PLEASE TEST

This thread will slowly get filled with more and more superuser mods, but I need YOU to send me the files I need for that. Do that here if you can't see your device/firmware in the above links.
    I reïnstalled the serajr mod, but it still has the superuser mod active somehow. So i'm not sure if it has worked. I don't notice much improvements on the startup, although it's always been quite fast (except for the first start after boot)..

Try to remove the module completely and then see if it's working any faster.

Uninstall Xperia Xposed module and Xposed framework.
    Restart device and...

Extract services.jar from your ROM.
    * If you are using stick based ROM you can extract it from ZIP file
    * If you are using stock firmware, odexed - plain stock, ask someone to upload services.jar from system/framework folder.

Copy services.jar to your system folder and change permissions to :

ytuseje9.jpg

Now, move, don't copy it, move that services.jar from system folder to system/framework folder and restart device (if it doesn't restart immediately after replacing file.

Flash this MOD and restart.

It's OK now to install Xposed framework again...

It should work now...

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    For odexed or deodexed?
    Both. It doesn't matter if your rom is deodexed or not.
    What if you already enabled the serajr mod which you cannot disable?
    Just uninstall the serajr module and reboot then. :)

I'm happy it worked for you guys thank you for your words. :)
    Can any of the devs tell me what the hell is superuser mod and what is its job, like i worked on many devices and rooted many but i didn't need this thing in any phone ? is it like installing or flashing SuperSu?
    Thanks! @funky0308 @serajr @olokos

Sony protected system with few lines of code in file services.jar.
    Superuser MOD is edited services.jar.

Basically, we just delete few lines of code and add some code in it.

After that, there's no security check for installing custom themes and SystemUI and other system files.

Users often forget that simple theme could be security bomb...
    You give permission to change system apps and files so Sony protected system.

For example...
    You can't apply custom theme on stock, unrooted rom, without patched services.jar (superuser MOD), theme has to be signed by Sony.
    Services.jar will check for keys and theme won't work properly if there's no valid keys.

We don't have those keys, so we are modifing files to prevent security check ;)

I think that Xperia Xposed patch services.jar no matter if you enable "system" or not.
    @serajr
    Buddy, could you confirm that or say something smart here? ;)
    I always thought your module will patch services.jar as soon as it is enabled in Xposed framework and device restarts...no matter did we enable "system" or not.

You thought right... "super user mode" is enabled by default (just after you enable the module at Xposed Installer and reboot). And you can't disable it!! Preference is there just to illustrate that super user mode is enabled!
    But if you disable the module at Xposed Installer, super user mode will be disabled together (Obvious) ;)