CyanogenMod 12.1 for YU Yureka

YU Yureka recently received an official Cyanogen OS 12S update. If you prefer to use a newer revision of … more

Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more

What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[dev] KLMAG2GEAC-B001 eMMC unbrick tool and guide

16th November 2014, 09:40 PM |#1  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 17,130

5,585 posts
Hallo, this is thread for most Sony devices (z1, z2, z3, probably many other too) which use the same eMMC chip, I am sure somebody will need this and I am sure our thread will help in future, I will post tutorial in detail when I collect all needed things for unbricking my dead Z1C! So please do not move this thread, thanks!

Since many Sony devices use KLMAG2GEAC-B001 eMMC chip (???) I starting our thread which will colect all things needed for unbricking device with these chip. Found good document about balls array -> http://www.adata.com/upload/download...t_20131223.pdf

Since google can not display results for z1c easy jtag emmc pinout scheme, I will need to desolder my chip and locate all needed pins and post picture here.

If you have pinout scheme for emmc unbrick on another xperia phones after z model please post it here!
Last edited by munjeni; 17th November 2014 at 09:01 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to munjeni For This Useful Post: [ View ]

17th November 2014, 08:25 PM |#2  
Flag Nijmegen
Thanks Meter: 297

570 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by munjeni

Hallo, this is thread for most Sony devices (z1, z2, z3, probably many other too) which use the same eMMC chip, I am sure somebody will need this and I am sure our thread will help in future, I will post tutorial in detail when I collect all needed things for unbricking my dead Z1C! So please do not move this thread, thanks!

Since many Sony devices use KLMAG2GEAC-B001 eMMC chip I starting our thread which will colect all things needed for unbricking device with these chip. Need some small help, Chinese guys if you read this please help here, for colecting pdf documents related to these chip, if you found them post it here please! I have found some download site but I am unable to register since verification code picture is in Chinese language and changing very fast, so if somebody is able to register on these site please download pdf document and post it here! Here is site which need registration http://pdflist.mmic.net.cn/pdf_down/...566484849.html

This partnumber seems to be Samsung eMMC chip, are you sure it is used in Sony device's?
17th November 2014, 08:55 PM |#3  

5,585 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by langeveld024

This partnumber seems to be Samsung eMMC chip, are you sure it is used in Sony device's?

This one is on my Z1 Compact, I am not sure if it is on 153 or 169 balls array! What you think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1265.jpg
Views:	666
Size:	518.5 KB
ID:	3020418  
17th November 2014, 09:47 PM |#4  
Flag Nijmegen
Thanks Meter: 297

570 posts
More
Quote:

This one is on my Z1 Compact, I am not sure if it is on 153 or 169 balls array! What you think?

I'm not really a pro at this, I've only found datasheets for the JDI/JDC and Sharp screens used in Xperia Z. I came across this thread and started googling.
Will dig into this further later and I'll do my best but I can't really promise anything..

A few things u can try is using Chrome browser with translate function,, or like I did,, writing Sony and the owners of this site u found a mail. Describe what and why u need, that way they provided me the datasheets.. Maybe they will provide those datasheets to u that way I dunno but it's worth trying I think!
17th November 2014, 09:59 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 9

65 posts
I'm really interessted in this topic so i started googleing a bit.
Look on the table on the samsung website: http://www.samsung.com/global/busine...emmc/catalogue.
There it says something about package:153FBGA.
So I would say the chip has 153 balls
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikk_11 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd November 2014, 07:36 PM |#6  

5,585 posts
Received Z3X easy jtag + eMMC tool + wires + usb cable...etc + activated and ready for flashing Pinout only remain
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0014.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	510.6 KB
ID:	3028549  
Last edited by munjeni; 23rd November 2014 at 12:06 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to munjeni For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd November 2014, 09:02 PM |#7  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 58

145 posts
More
problem
Do you brick it with a bad flash? Can the phone not turned on and not loadet?
Does the pc detect the device with qshusb or so?

If yes, i think i could help.
I destroy a sony sp with a wrong image.
Around 10 months iam looking and trying and found a easy solution to unbrick.

So if this is also your problem, write please.
The Following User Says Thank You to konsolen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd November 2014, 09:44 PM |#8  

5,585 posts
No solution at the moment since I have brick trim area ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7&postcount=79 ), so s1tool and gdfs files not helping me, getting error 16 (bad ta). Phone is detected as a bootloader but no way for flashing anything. Will be great if you have a solution!
Last edited by munjeni; 23rd November 2014 at 12:07 AM.
23rd November 2014, 07:05 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 12

86 posts
Quote:

No solution at the moment since I have brick trim area ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7&postcount=79 ), so s1tool and gdfs files not helping me, getting error 16 (bad ta). Phone is detected as a bootloader but no way for flashing anything. Will be great if you have a solution!

I Bricked mine by formatting the first sd partition, sent it to a repair center, they replaced the mainboard, didn't cost me...
Was a rooted z1c with unlucked bootloader, could't flash anything... did'nt try other than with usb connected cable
27th November 2014, 05:33 PM |#10  

5,585 posts
My phone is up and runing now after changing mainboard. But bad news, I not found all eMMC pins since I broke some of the pins from mainboard during desoldering eMMC ic and was unable to identify some of the pins on mainboard. Found only VCCQ and DAT0 ! Found allso CMD and CLK but I am not sure about order. Only was not found VCC since mainboard is broken . Here is picture, hope somebody find a rest.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1272.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	356.4 KB
ID:	3036776  
Last edited by munjeni; 27th November 2014 at 06:19 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to munjeni For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread