★ Descriptions ★
I'm glad to present apple emoji for kitkat
Searching on te net, i found a thread made by @angelsel (HERE) that explains how to replace the stock emoji of kitkat (I don't like sony's keyboard ones)
Please smash a thanks for him!
★ Requirements ★
If you want to use this mod, remember that you have to be on ROOTED PHONE, preferably with RECOVERY installed (to make the things simple)
★ Installation ★
- Grab AppleColorEmoji.ttf and place it into /system/fonts/
- Set /system/fonts/AppleColorEmoji.ttf to have permissions 644 (rw-r--r--) and owner:group root:root.
- Modify /system/etc/fallback_fonts.xml like so:
- Find Code:
<family> <fileset> <file>AndroidEmoji.ttf</file> </fileset> </family>
- Above this block, add Code:
<family> <fileset> <file>AppleColorEmoji.ttf</file> </fileset> </family>
- Set /system/etc/fallback_fonts.xml to have permissions 644 (rw-r--r--) and owner:group root:root.
Flashable zip method... (just download the file and flash it from recovery )
Apple Color Emoji.zip
Want to restore the original emoji? Flash this Android Emoji.zip
★ Screenshots ★
1. I did this work in my free time, not so much to receive thanks on this forum, but to be useful in this wonderful community of XDA!
2. Please, don't use my work at my expense...thanks for your understanding
3. You like my work? Smash