Inspired by the old and good NaviFirm 0.1 (firmware downloader for Nokia phones).
...Lets you download the current firmware for all Sony/Sony-Ericsson smartphones and tablets running Android, mostly of the Xperia line.
Tested on Windows 7...
...and Windows 10 Technical Preview.
EVOLUTION OF XPERIFIRM:
+ Windows XP SP2 or newer! (Windows 7 or newer recommended!)
+ Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or newer!
+ Flashtool* OR Java Runtime Environment 8:
--- for Windows 32-bit: http://filehippo.com/download_jre_32/
--- for Windows 64-bit: http://filehippo.com/download_jre_64/
* If you have Flashtool installed, Java Runtime is bundled with it and doesn't have to be installed separately. Just extract XperiFirm's files to Flashtool's folder and run XperiFirm.exe from there. (See screenshot below)
* For Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 users: If you want to run XperiFirm without installing .NET Framework 3.5, make sure you also extract "XperiFirm.exe.config" to the same folder XperiFirm.exe is located. [Thanks to aphanic for pointing out this Windows 8+ issue]
v3.1 [November 08, 2014]:
- CRITICAL: Fixed a critical bug that caused high CPU usage. Performance now improved drastically.
v3.0b [November 07, 2014]:
- MINOR: Fixed some annoying visual glitches.
v3.0a [November 07, 2014]:
- FIX: Fixed a crash caused by some missing files on Sony servers that messed up with column ordering by Latest Release. (this happens when Sony just begins to roll an update, it's a big mess of missing files, you'll just need to wait patiently until Sony finishes uploading their updates).
v3.0 [November 07, 2014]:
- ATTENTION: XperiFirm now targets .NET Framework 3.5 or later to enable some of the newer features!
- NEW: Total UI re-make. More information about each device (like project/code name). Easier to navigate then ever before. Many levels above any other firmware downloading tool.
- NEW: XperiFirm.jar is being self-extracted when you launch XperiFirm.exe. It is being always validated to be the correct file and recreated if it was modified or damaged.
- NEW: Smart downloading: Dummy files are not downloaded. Each file gets a name by analyzing data received from Sony.
- NEW: Smart auto-decryption ability, that uses online data to correctly unpack the firmware and prepare it for FTF creating in Flashtool.
- NEW: Smart sorting for both "Market" and "Operator", for finding your firmware easily.
- NEW: Smart release version checking: Only empty "Latest Release" fields will be checked when using "Check All".
- NEW: Smarter error handling.
- NEW: Added support for multiple simultaneous downloads.
- NEW: Added the ability to copy the raw download links of a firmware to the clipboard. Use however you want and at your own risk!
- NEW: Each and every device is being recognized exactly as marketed by Sony all around the UI, including devices that are merely variants of the same device.
- NEW: The download folder will always have a unique name (adding "(#)" instead of overwriting).
- NEW: The date of the latest update to the device list or any of the CDF lists will be displayed below the device list.
- NEW: A cool sound will notify you when a firmware finishes downloading and/or unpacking.
- FIX: Fixed a bug that broke the scrollbars of the CDF list when minimizing the window.
- DONATE: A nice looking donation button was added, please use it to support me!
v2.5 [August 16, 2014]:
- FIX: Fixed a critical bug which prevented getting releases of old phone models (caused by inconsistencies of Sony Mobile's data)
- FIX: A fixed "XperiFirm.exe.config" included, thanks to aphanic.
- NEW: A new info was added to XperiFirm Downloader - the "Network" name. Useless for most users, but provides general idea about the intended networks the firmware supports.
v2.4 [August 12, 2014]:
- FIX: Fixed the support for firmware of the same version but different revisions.
v2.3a [August 11, 2014]:
- MINOR: Added the firmware revision to the firmware's folder created by XperiFirm when starting a download.
v2.3 [August 11, 2014]:
- NEW: Automatic check for the latest XperiFirm version. If it finds a new version, it offers you to open this thread.
- NEW: Firmware revision was added to the release version (Screenshots updated)
- MINOR: When you sort the CDAs by "Latest Release", after running "Check All", the CDAs are automatically resorted.
v2.2c [August 10, 2014]:
- FIXED: The transfer speed indicator was fixed.
v2.2b [August 10, 2014]:
- FIXED: The transfer speed indicator update rate was changed from extremely fast to once per second, in order to lighten up on CPU and RAM usage, especially on older computers.
- MINOR: "XperiFirm.exe.config" is now packed with XperiFirm, you can chose not to extract it with the JAR and EXE if you don't use Windows 8.
v2.2a [August 9, 2014]:
- FIXED: A minor bug was fixed, that made XperiFirm crash when Downloader is closed while downloading a firmware.
v2.2 [August 9, 2014]:
- NEW: The XF Downloader's code was rewritten to increase speed + Transfer rate indicator added & estimated remaining time.
- MINOR: XperiFirm window is now resizeable/maximizable, by users' request.
v2.1 [August 5, 2014]:
- MINOR: Just a tiny cosmetic fix of the panels, just because I'm such a perfectionist.
v2.0 [August 3, 2014]:
- FIXED: XperiFirm will now use Java 64-bit in Windows 64-bit.
- NEW: Quickly check the latest firmware versions available for all CDAs of a specific device by pressing "Check All".
- NEW: You can use the Java Runtime Environment bundled with Flashtool, by copying XperiFirm.exe & XperiFirm.jar to Flashtool's folder.
v1.0 [July 31, 2014]:
- Download firmware for all Sony/Sony-Ericsson Android-based devices.