Inspired by the old and good NaviFirm (Nokia firmware downloader).
Lets you download the current firmwares for all Sony/Sony-Ericsson smartphones and tablets running Android, mostly of the Xperia line.
+ Windows XP SP2 or newer!
+ Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or newer!
+ Flashtool* OR Java Runtime Environment 8:
--- for Windows 32-bit: http://filehippo.com/download_jre_32/
--- for Windows 64-bit: http://filehippo.com/download_jre_64/
* If you have Flashtool installed, Java Runtime is bundled with it and doesn't have to be installed separately. Just extract XperiFirm's files to Flashtool's folder and run XperiFirm.exe from there. (See screenshot below)
* For Windows 8 or 8.1 users: If you want to run XperiFirm without installing any old .NET Framework, make sure you also extract "XperiFirm.exe.config" to the same folder XperiFirm.exe is located. [Thanks to aphanic for pointing out this Windows 8 issue]
v2.5 [August 16, 2014]:
- FIX: Fixed a critical bug which prevented getting releases of old phone models (blame Sony Mobile for their inconsistencies)
- FIX: A fixed "XperiFirm.exe.config" included, thanks to aphanic.
- NEW: A new info was added to XperiFirm Downloader - the "Network" name. Useless for most users, but provides general idea about the intended networks the firmware supports.
v2.4 [August 12, 2014]:
- FIX: Fixed the support for firmwares of the same version but different revisions.
v2.3a [August 11, 2014]:
- MINOR: Added the firmware revision to the firmware's folder created by XperiFirm when starting a download.
v2.3 [August 11, 2014]:
- NEW: Automatic check for the latest XperiFirm version. If it finds a new version, it offers you to open this thread.
- NEW: Firmware revision was added to the release version (Screenshots updated)
- MINOR: When you sort the CDAs by "Latest Release", after running "Check All", the CDAs are automatically resorted.
v2.2c [August 10, 2014]:
- FIXED: The transfer speed indicator was fixed.
v2.2b [August 10, 2014]:
- FIXED: The transfer speed indicator update rate was changed from extremely fast to once per second, in order to lighten up on CPU and RAM usage, especially on older computers.
- MINOR: "XperiFirm.exe.config" is now packed with XperiFirm, you can chose not to extract it with the JAR and EXE if you don't use Windows 8.
v2.2a [August 9, 2014]:
- FIXED: A minor bug was fixed, that made XperiFirm crash when Downloader is closed while downloading a firmware.
v2.2 [August 9, 2014]:
- NEW: The XF Downloader's code was rewritten to increase speed + Transfer rate indicator added & estimated remaining time.
- MINOR: XperiFirm window is now resizeable/maximizable, by users' request.
v2.1 [August 5, 2014]:
- MINOR: Just a tiny cosmetic fix of the panels, just because I'm such a perfectionist. (Screenshorts updated)
v2.0 [August 3, 2014]:
- FIXED: XperiFirm will now use Java 64-bit in Windows 64-bit.
- NEW: Quickly check the latest firmware versions available for all CDAs of a specific device by pressing "Check All". (Totally kills Xperia Updatechecker, sorry )
- NEW: You can use the Java Runtime Environment bundled with Flashtool, by copying XperiFirm.exe & XperiFirm.jar to Flashtool's folder.
v1.0 [July 31, 2014]:
- Download firmware for all Sony/Sony-Ericsson Android-based devices.