No registration required

[Q][REQ] Z2 battery icon on AOSP roms?

OP WhiteNeo

16th August 2014, 02:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,400

1,419 posts
Donate to Me
So, I hope this is the right section to post this, but I think the topic is actually useful for all Sony users.

For a long time I've been looking for a way to get the stock Z2 battery icon in the status bar of my OmniRom SystemUI.

Looking all around the forum, I found only one guide that tries to revert the hard-coded kitkat battery icon to the easily theme-able implementation with drawables in Android 4.3. However, this guide has been created for Samsung KK roms and would certainly need some changes to actually work. Anyway, here's a link, for those of you that are interested in such a mod as well.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2628560

As there is no ported Z2 SystemUI that works on OmniRom using ART runtime (or at least none I know of, please correct me if I'm wrong) I thought about merging the smali code that handles the battery icon in Z2 SystemUI with Omni's and adding all missing resources.
As my smali knowledge is fairly limited, I'd be glad if one of the skilled devs over here could try to mod the OmniRom SystemUI that way or point me into the right direction and assist me if I should run into issues when trying it myself.

Perhaps, if we are successful, we could even fill the gap of missing guides for imaged battery icons in this forum and let the whole community profit of our successful mod.
... That said, someone gotta make it work first, of course.

So, thanks for reading this post at all and also thanks in advance for any ideas and advice concerning this mod.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread