Unlock all bands of your Qualcomm device! Use your phone globally! No bs!

Search This thread

shahper1

Oct 16, 2015
Any Help...? I managed to make it work with 4G, when I was on cloudy then was unable to activate band-3, msg was appearing "Fail" but "Success" after installing Roger ROM. "G" some time flashes on network status when I make changes in hidden menu for network selections...I thing some thing is related to ROM as well to get it fully work.....right now again on CM12..
Any advise......???????

Bharadwaz

Oct 8, 2014
Is this method works honor 4x chel-l04 I mean it is qulacomm snapdragon 410 MSM8916 processor thanks in advance

Sent from Che1-L04 using XDA

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
I found that, to work with the Xperia ZL LTE Version (C6506), the drive that you supposed to install is for MI_05 ID instead of the MI_04

This way will be possible to read and write commands in the RV NV Manager and QXDM Professional.

Before, I had the same problem that erik_shadow had, that was not possible to read the information from the phone.

I enabled the LTE Band 7 (2600) to work here in Brazil, but unfortunately it doesn't worked, the phone keeps searching for the conection (data/call), and instead stop searching and stay on 3G, it keeps going until the phone reboot itself and start doing again.

I can change to only 3G in settings and it works normally, and even do the steps to revert the changes instead flash the baseband again .

If anyone has any idea how to make it work would be nice.

Hi bro,
Did you or anyone ever find a fix for this :confused:
I have a xperia ZL C6502 and I can write all LTE values to the phone and they stick but like you the phone searches finds a signal but then drops the signal it does this a few times then the phone reboots itself :eek:
When I select WCDMA_Preffered everything is fine :)

coglyostro

Oct 18, 2010
I think that, doesn't matter what you do, will not work. We have been scratching the surface (software) and to work we need to go deeper. IMHO at least for the ZL it is just the software taking place of the hardware trying to force to work but neither have the right parameters to work properly.

I've read somewhere that you need to write the command in the chipset on the work board and this is the only way, so it's better change the phone for one that cover all countries and you are done.

Just my two cents.

Cheers

Enviado de meu C6506 usando Tapatalk

Reactions: bigrammy

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
I think that, doesn't matter what you do, will not work. We have been scratching the surface (software) and to work we need to go deeper. IMHO at least for the ZL it is just the software taking place of the hardware trying to force to work but neither have the right parameters to work properly.

I've read somewhere that you need to write the command in the chipset on the work board and this is the only way, so it's better change the phone for one that cover all countries and you are done.

Just my two cents.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply :good:
If I by some miracle I discover how to get it working I will be sure to let you know :fingers-crossed:

coglyostro

Oct 18, 2010
Ok then! Good luck! Hope you find something.

If I find anything new I will disclose here as well.

Cheers and again good luck!

kansasboy001

Dec 23, 2013
Has anyone been able to successfully unlock band 12 on the xperia z2 or z3? I would think the hardware is there since they both have bands 13 and 17, and there is a z3 model with band 12 support.

Dragon31337

Sep 27, 2010
In theory, you should be able to write the various NV values, since the Z5 uses Qualcomm chips - but what band could you possibly need that isn't on the Z5? The only thing I could think of would be AWS for HSPA.
I'm on Verizon and considering buying Z5... I wish I knew if it works. otherwise I have to stick to Nexus 6P =(

Last edited:

kansasboy001

Dec 23, 2013
I'm on Verizon and considering buying Z5... I wish I knew if it works. otherwise I have to stick to Nexus 6P =(

It should work as it has verizons lte bands, but you won't have any coverage where there isn't lte and you will only be able to make calls and text on volte. Because the z5 is missing the CDMA radio. You will also not be able to roam as the phone does not have the CDMA bands for sprint.

Dragon31337

Sep 27, 2010
It should work as it has Verizon lte bands, but you won't have any coverage where there isn't lte and you will only be able to make calls and text on volte. Because the z5 is missing the CDMA radio. You will also not be able to roam as the phone does not have the CDMA bands for sprint.
Well, that is the question. Does it support it but has these bands disabled or it does not support these bands at all. And Z5 does not support Band13-700MHz by default.
Without potential CDMA support it does not make sense to buy Z5 at all.

kansasboy001

Dec 23, 2013
Well, that is the question. Does it support it but has these bands disabled or it does not support these bands at all. And Z5 does not support Band13-700MHz by default.
Without potential CDMA support it does not make sense to buy Z5 at all.

Most likely you could enabled band 13 and it has bands 12 and 17 too so the hardware should be there. But CDMA will not work the z5 most likely doesn't have the hardware, and if it did it would require a modified radio to work. Your only option for Verizon is the z3v

Reactions: talvigi

talvigi

Feb 15, 2014
All ways somewhere arround
Hay, Dev, this @talvigi back with some question in mind in this thread,

because i have googled a lot and searched the forum (xda specifically) and could not resolve the problem i'm facing with my AT&T Galaxy Note 3 N900A, so i thought this might be the right place to put my question for a reasonable answer.

As i have mentioned my device above and i have seen that my phone has some LTE bands enabled by default, and i also has the band i am looking for the Band 3 (1800 MHZ or something like that) but it still doesn't work on 1800 LTE band like Warid is providing in Pakistan (i have created a thread in this regard but no one is responding even a single view on that here:

I have also tried to post my problem on here http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5/general/how-to-add-rf-lte-frequency-bands-to-t2886059
But unfortunately that thread has also ended at#615[/URL] (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=56620543&postcount=615) back in November, 2014 and no body is there to help.

AS FAR AS the above referred GUIDE talks about a ROM and kernel and it also warns specially AT&T and Verizon user so i can't dare risking my device UNTILL Otherwise i have specific guidance from you guys, because i have searched the world (till my knowledge) and could not find a ROM which would give me such access, that i would be able to do all those steps mentioned in the GUIDE and the CM doesn't have any thing specific for my AT&T Note 3 too

Any body's help is really really very much appreciated please help

What i can do is here

i can revert my device to 4.4.2 because i have all the files required for ODIN back to that ( I have done it before)
i can (i think also install safestraf)
i can root by towelroot
i can access the USB settings by *#0808# and change the settings from AP to CP and
i can change MTP + ADB to RNDIS + DM + Modem
i can access the band selector as i have shown in my post

As the
attachment_2.jpg
show i have selected the LTE/GSM
and as this
attachment.php
shows i have LTE band 3 (1800) which is being used by Warid LTE services

BUT i don't know what to do as for as my knowledge is concerned there is noting mentioned for LTE as it should be
attachment.php

Last edited:

AlpineMan

Aug 6, 2008
I have done a lot of research on this topic. As far as I have read, so far, no one has been able to successfully enable and use additional LTE bands on Samsung phones.

Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

pillopoulos

Jan 24, 2014
Does anyone know I can enable diag mode on HTC m8 with marshmallow? I tried typing *#*#3424#*#* but it doesn't work either the commands "and shell" etc. on mobile terminal....

Στάλθηκε από το HTC One M8 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

xmguy

Sep 18, 2009
McMinnville, TN
AWS for Verzion has finally launched in my area (band 4). My Moto G LTE (2013) Natively supports that band. I can put my Verizon SIM card in and for 20 seconds it works, I have LTE Data. Then it drops off and won't let me reconnect to Verizon. I called them about it and they couldn't give me any reasons. I don't know if I need another LTE band. But if it works for 20 seconds before dropping off, should it not keep working? I don't get why it's dropping in the first place. This is stock 5.1. I've tried CM as well. Connects same when VZW sim in put in, drops in 20 seconds. Ideas?

It sees Verizon Wireless in the Available Networks too. But will not register.

Last edited:

g33kos

Jan 21, 2012
For Moto G 2014 second generation users:
So, I spent few hours today to try unlocking 1700 and 2100 bands on my Motorola Moto G XT1068 in order to make it work on Wind mobile.
Didn't work, so I gave it another try, checking all the GSM and WCDMA bands in mzTool and I did lost my connection on any network. I gave up and put the old decimal string back and now my connection is back.

Reactions: Dr951984

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You do everything here at your own risk. I take no responsibility for any broken devices/sdcards/your house going down on fire and everything else.

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR THESE FILES!

Requirements:
    root
    ability to use mouse and keyboard
    terminal emulator on your phone

What do you get for doing this?
    Propably you'll be able to use a lot more bands than before. Most likely your phone will work on every place in the world now.

Check the third post for a link to OPO guide ;)

C6903
    before
    LVA6VNn.png

after
    A2AuaxV.png

1. Download this zip Google it as it's banned from xda for the ability of imei change
    2. Extract it and install QPST from that zip
    3. Open the caller app and type in *#*#8778#*#* (it should go off the screen after you type in the last symbol "*"
    3.5 Those on custom roms (tested on cyanogen 11 with s4 mini) can use the efs professional toolkit to change the mode to enable the diag port.(Thanks @blackburn !)
    4. Connect your phone to your PC
    5. Open ADB console
    6. Type in these commands:
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    setprop persist.usb.eng 1
    7. Turn off USB Debugging, Disconnect your phone from the PC
    8. Wait about 10 seconds (don't have to be exact, just let it all disconnect in the PC) and turn USB Debugging back on
    10. Connect it back to the PC. It should try to install drivers. Wait until it fails to install all of them.
    11. Open device manager - you will see your device model a few times. Go to details tab. Scroll down a single time on that tab. You will see MI_0x there.
    12. Go through those devices until you find MI_04 under the second drop down position.
    13. Select "update driver" for this device and install the htc driver from the zip.
    14. Press start button and navigate to QPST -> QPST Configuration
    15. Go back to device manager -> modems -> HTC
    16. Find "COM*" in my case it was "COM3". It might be different for you.
    17. In QPST Configuration click on "Add new port" and in "Port" type in your "COM*". In my case It's "COM3" in there. In Port label it could be anyting u want. In my case I used a Z1 so I typed IN "Z1".
    18. It should look like this now.
    19. Navigate to QPST/bin and open RV_NV_Manager.exe
    20. press on settings -> Comport and choose your COM port.
    21. Press on file -> read from phone
    22. Wait patiently until it is finished. Now pay attention!
    23. Go to line 1877, click it and copy the decimal number on the right side of a programme. right click - copy
    24. Go to the place where you extracted the zip from the first step and start mzTool
    25. On the left side you will see "Input radix" - press decimal there.
    26. On the right side you will see "RF BC CONFIG" paste your previously copied number from the RV_NV_Manager.exe there.
    27. You will see now what bands are you able to use on the bottom of the app in "Bit information"
    28. Switch tab to "Band Preference (NV Value)"
    29. In there select all GSM bands and WCDMA bands. This place is really a field of testing. In my case (C6903 LTE) I selected all of GSM and WCDMA. I wouldn't suggest you to do anyting else in here unless you know what your'e doing. Let me know if you got something interesting in there. :)
    30. After you're done choosing what bands do you want - copy decimal number from the bottom right
    31. Remove all commas from that number ( "," ) so it would be just a bunch of numbers without anything else.
    32. Open RV_NV_Manager.exe from the point you left it (step 23) and paste your new number without commas "," there.
    33. Press on write NV and then press on file ->write changed NV to the phone.
    34. Open up the terminal emulator on your phone and write there this:
    Code:
    su
    setprop persist.usb.eng 0
    35. Reboot the device and hope you'll have the reception. If you do, hooray!
    36. Type in *#*#SERVICE#*#* (*#*#7378423#*#*) to see your new bands that your phone can use!

If your phone can't boot then flash stock FTF to your device and you should have your reception back!

Enjoy! :)

I wanted to mention that I'm just the guy that was interested in this and the person that actually made it possible is @BlackSoulxxx all thanks go to him! He's the guy that did it! Please thank him in the second post!

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME IF IT WORKS ON YOUR DEVICE! I DON'T KNOW. YOU HAVE TO TRY IT YOURSELF.

If you have any problems or issues here's some help from other users http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55321344&postcount=3

Tested on: ZU, Z1,SP,Xperia TL,Sharp-DOCOMO Aquos Zeta SH-04F
    Dangerous stuff to experiment with. Already lost 2 phone :p(2 expensive paper-weight with OmniBalance design -_- )
    But ENJOY!
    And remember to check out *#*#4636*#*# to select band (I dont advice to do that, because to revert it you will have to reflash baseband)
    2014c7f21568-09da-41ac-9e81-a11a071c53a9.png

And the setting
    20144230c489-68de-4e73-8a58-6e9bb1bd6e3f.png

@olokos
    Wow, works overload :pPLs send me more hardware ids so I can mod them....
    BTW here is the driver for g906s (S5 lte-a) http://d-h.st/Yqi Tks @D.O.C for the hardware ids
    http://d-h.st/nMV i9505
    http://d-h.st/On8 OnePlusOne ( lucky guys, I always want this stuff :p)
    http://d-h.st/2zZ Nexus 5 (D821)
    I will make driver for other devices and update here.....
    For anyone use HTC, use the official htcdiagdriver. Simply.....
    P/S: The driver are untested, use with careful...
    And the titile are a little bit misleading (I say this method is for sony and a few device, depend on the phone, @olokos put the title "for all Qualcomm devices" :p

---------- Post added at 03:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 AM ----------

Step to unlock LTE band 19.21 in Z2 D6503, SO-03F (Yeah it have band 19,21 but need int' band)
    Install QXDM http://www.mediafire.com/download/r1z2r6iu94habrp/QXDM-3.12.714-www.getdriver.com-.rar
    Do the guide and unlock all, include "[60] Reserved for BC10...."
    Write NV to phone
    Do to step 33 then stop
    Open QXDM, go to Option -> Communication
    In Target port, choose your phone com port and press OK
    Now in View -> NV Browser
    QXDM will open new window, in Category Filter choose LTE
    Scroll to id 06828 and click on that, click read then in Input and Value change the value to "1904863" (The value of int' Z2 with LTE band 19,21 add)
    Click "write" and do the step 34 on the guide till the end
    Reboot the phone, and check 7378423 to see the band
    Works on Z1, Z2
    Hey, for everyone with error "execptionthrow" error pls use QXDM and search for nv 1877 and change it

Nexus connection
    1. Remove all installed drivers.
    2. Install LG United Mobile Driver
    3. Enable debugging and install adb driver if it's not automatically installed.
    4. Using adb issue the following commands on a separate line
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    setprop sys.usb.config diag, adb
    5. Your phone should start installing drivers, once installed under Ports in device manager there should be (* indicates a number):
    • LGE AndroidNet for Diagnostics Port (COM*)
    • LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port (COM*)
    Thanks for that @CHAMAVELI !

For GSM HTC Phones.

Use "setprop sys.usb.diag.config diagon" instead of "setprop persist.usb.eng 1"

One Plus One guide
    Moto Droid RAZR Guide
    XIAOMI MI2 Guide
    LG G3 D852 Guide
    I see GSM/US only.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

Moto users

Ok, Moto users follow steps 1-6. Steps 7-13 get tweaked. 7. Turn off phone and disconnect from PC. 8. While phone is off, press both vol + and vol - and then press the power button. 9. Vol - to BP Tools and then press vol +. Let device boot up and then reconnect to PC. 10. Phone will then install drivers and will fail. 11. Open device manager and find Other Devices. You will see 2 lines that state Motorola QC and Motorola QC NMEA Interface. 12. Choose one and go Update driver>Browse my computer for driver software>Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer>Ports (COM & LPT)>Motorola>Motorola QC Diag Port>Yes. 13. Repeat for other one and note which ports become available. Steps 14-end of steps are the same

Note: this process only unlocks the bands, it does not sim unlock your device.

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Free mobile app