Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,727 Members 51,834 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

openssl 1.0.1i update for DSC/407/PDROID/PCM

Tip us?

hunderteins
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 328
Drive openssl 1.0.1i update for DSC/407/PDROID/PCM

Hello,

this is openssl-1.0.1i with a patch against core.jar to support SSL_MODE_HANDSHAKE_CUTTHROUGH.

I tried this on MokeeOS_RMG2v0.6RC2-signed.zip but I only got rejects on the patch, so I need confirmation, that someone want's this and is willing to test it.

Have fun,
hunderteins

Strephon Alkhalikoi
Old
Thanks Meter 415
What exactly does the handshake cutthrough do?
Noob FAQ
Q: Can someone suggest a link I can follow that will walk me through the root process for this phone?
A: Simple answer is no. Do your homework. No spoonfeeding here. Check the stickies and the search engine. You'll find it soon enough.

My Stuff: Stargate Boot Animation | ICS-style Theme for DSC | MultiFlasher | Traveller DSC | PseudoCream

hunderteins
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strephon Alkhalikoi View Post
What exactly does the handshake cutthrough do?
GB brings this patch with openssl.
https://android.googlesource.com/pla...tthrough.patch

The constant for SSL_MODE_HANDSHAKE_CUTTHROUGH is defined 0x00000040L aka decimal 64.

In openss-1.0.1i SSL_MODE_SEND_SERVERHELLO_TIME is defined 0x00000040L, so SSL_MODE_HANDSHAKE_CUTTHROUGH goes up to 0x00000080L.
https://android.googlesource.com/pla...tthrough.patch

Our GB-framework uses this constant in org/apache/harmony/xnet/provider/jsse/NativeCrypto.java. SSL_MODE_HANDSHAKE_CUTTHROUGH is set to 0x40 (dec 64). I just changed that to 0x80 to work with openssl-1.0.1i

What it does? Basically it speeds up the SSL-handshake when connected to older server with SSLv3.

All clear?
hunderteins
The Following User Says Thank You to hunderteins For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Strephon Alkhalikoi
Old
Thanks Meter 415
Crystal.

/10 char
Noob FAQ
Q: Can someone suggest a link I can follow that will walk me through the root process for this phone?
A: Simple answer is no. Do your homework. No spoonfeeding here. Check the stickies and the search engine. You'll find it soon enough.

My Stuff: Stargate Boot Animation | ICS-style Theme for DSC | MultiFlasher | Traveller DSC | PseudoCream