Any News on Lollipop update for Dell Streak 7 Wifi ?

Search This thread

chipis

Oct 28, 2008
Somewhre in a cave
Hello i have Dell Streak 7 Wifi for about 2 to 3 years. And i dint see nothing going on here on the forums,
So to the point is theres any Lollipop love for Dell streak 7 wifi?

sauloolima

Jan 24, 2015
Upgrade/Update Dell Streak 7 to 5.0 Lollipop

I found this link. It´s true or not ?
Search on Google for this title: "Upgrade/Update Dell Streak 7 to 5.0 Lollipop"

sauloolima

Jan 24, 2015
Upgrade/Update Dell Streak 7 to 5.0 Lollipop

I tried to put the link but was not permitted.
If you search for "Upgrade/Update Dell Streak 7 to 5.0 Lollipop" on google you will find the link.

chipis

Oct 28, 2008
Somewhre in a cave
If you search for "Upgrade/Update Dell Streak 7 to 5.0 Lollipop" on google you will find the link.

If iam aware bro nothing theres no official that dell streak has a llolipop, if iam right i seem that site before. Is not the one that make you do a survey before downloading the zip so, thats a scam..

Oshi-Tech

May 17, 2015
Melbourne
Those Lollipop for Streak links are definitely a scam. It'll show a video showing where you can download a file that pretends to install lollipop on your device but it's probably a malware or virus.

It'll probably come up for most other devices that aren't updated anymore so that valid discussions of actual development have long gone obsolete and are overtaken by the number of people clicking on such scam links.

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID

There is no Lollipop for the Dell Streak 7. Sorry, no. As one of the two only developers for the Dell Streak 7, neither of us have talked about Lollipop, as it requires a significant kernel update.

---------- Post added at 06:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 AM ----------

I understand ... you can teach us how to create from scratch a ROM for the Streak 7?

If you are interested, I can guide you a bit, but only up to my knowledge of the last ROM I did, which was several years ago.

I will warn you, you WILL NOT be able to create a newer ROM based off latest version of Android unless you first update the kernel. Good luck.

https://github.com/giveen/android_device_dell_streak7

https://github.com/giveen/kernel_dell_streak7

https://github.com/DerArtem/android_vendor_dell_streak7

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
Hi, link Is not reconized (right, Is 4 years old)

Have you had results?

I have not touched my Streak 7 in 2 years. We had gotten a booting Omni build, but many thing we're broken and I no longer have any of the files to share.

This device will not play nice with a modern version of Android. 512mb or RAM is it's Achilles. Not to mention dumb Dell proprietary crap drastically slowing down my ability to dev for the device any longer.

Take care

Top Liked Posts