Pixie Dust – XDA Game Time!

more

Droid Turbo & Moto Maxx Compatibility Guide

more

YU “Project Caesar” with CM12 to Launch in India in April

The post YU “Project Caesar” with CM12 to Launch in India … more

Five New Forums for Latest Phones, Tablet and Smartwatch

The post Five New Forums for Latest Phones, Tablet and Smartwatch appeared first on … more

[Q] Dell Venue 7 won't boot after update kitkat 4.4.2

OP ninjaax

26th July 2014, 02:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I had booted up my new Dell Venue 7 (with Android 4.2) for the first time, and it was working pretty well. I was about to install some apps when I noticed "System update, touch to install". I did just that and it downloaded, rebooted, and started installing, with nothing seeming to be wrong. I patiently waited for it to install, and right at the end of the installation it stopped and displayed an error message- which amounted to an Android bot in a 'broken, shut down, stwaming' pose and the message "Error."

And it was frozen.

I held down the power button to turn it off and then turned it back on to see the dell logo for a split second, then a USB symbol for a split second, then it shuts off. This now happens every time I boot.

I tried using Droidboot to reset the installation. I can get that to work, but after I select Recovery it reboots, and after the Dell logo, gives me the "pic of the dead android" error message with the message "No command." This is another freeze screen, as I can't get further without rebooting.

All I want is for this thing to boot, I don't care what version of Android it runs at this point. Any assistance in getting the thing to boot would be greatly appreciated. I won tthis thing in a contest, I don't want to be the proud recipient of a brick.
31st July 2014, 01:19 PM   |  #2  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 4

15 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaax

I had booted up my new Dell Venue 7 (with Android 4.2) for the first time, and it was working pretty well. I was about to install some apps when I noticed "System update, touch to install". I did just that and it downloaded, rebooted, and started installing, with nothing seeming to be wrong. I patiently waited for it to install, and right at the end of the installation it stopped and displayed an error message- which amounted to an Android bot in a 'broken, shut down, stwaming' pose and the message "Error."

All I want is for this thing to boot, I don't care what version of Android it runs at this point. Any assistance in getting the thing to boot would be greatly appreciated. I won tthis thing in a contest, I don't want to be the proud recipient of a brick.

Take a look at my response to another user with the same problem here.
13th January 2015, 10:55 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
Well i got this problem by following this guide in first place :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...59&postcount=3
18th January 2015, 07:58 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 10

59 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxx-g-xxxx

Well i got this problem by following this guide in first place :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...59&postcount=3

Did you get this fixed?
@social-design-concepts has released a newer version of his tool, that seems to fix problems users were having with older versions.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...p-cwm-t2975096
Last edited by tomtom1265; 18th January 2015 at 08:03 PM.
19th January 2015, 01:48 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom1265

Did you get this fixed?
@social-design-concepts has released a newer version of his tool, that seems to fix problems users were having with older versions.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...p-cwm-t2975096

Hi,

Well i finally did. What got me into that situation was a issue with drivers, so lesson learned.

- If you ever get into the bootloader, never select manually the "Recovery" (let the tool handle it) or atlast not if you are new to this thing.
16th February 2015, 01:34 AM   |  #6  
Flag Columbia, SC
Thanks Meter: 47

115 posts
More
FWIW, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2681793 has a link to a rooted, working 4.4.4 factory ROM. I'd recommend everyone grab a copy since Dell hasn't made one available via support.
18th February 2015, 09:45 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 2

4 posts
Arrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaax

And it was frozen.

I held down the power button to turn it off and then turned it back on to see the dell logo for a split second, then a USB symbol for a split second, then it shuts off. This now happens every time I boot.

I tried using Droidboot to reset the installation. I can get that to work, but after I select Recovery it reboots, and after the Dell logo, gives me the "pic of the dead android" error message with the message "No command." This is another freeze screen, as I can't get further without rebooting.

check this URL, on second PDF brings a steps to recover from brick, maybe can help you.

opensource.dell.com/releases/Venue_8_3840_Merrifield/developer-edition/Doc/

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread