Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Restore to stock 4.3

OP crowncar12

23rd September 2014, 10:45 PM   |  #21  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
Need help
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowncar12

if you want to go back to stock 4.3 on the dell venue 8 use Dell's recovery tool that's inside the developer folder.

HOW TO INSTALL:

1. Turn off your Dell Venue 8

2. Go into fastboot mode by holding down power and volume down

3. On your computer run p801t_JB4.3_flash_device.bat

4. Wait

5. When the command finishes hit any key and your Dell Venue 8 should reboot in to android 4.3

You could also use this for restoring your tablet if its stuck on the dell logo (as long as you can get into fastboot mode)

P.S. you cant upgrade to kitkat after



WARNING FOR DELL VENUE 8 ONLY!!!!!!!!!

If you have a picture like this () this can fix this. I had the same problem before and this is the only thing that fixed my tablet


After doing all the steps. My tab is not working any more It gets stuck at the image you have mentioned. please help ASAP. I was planning to gift to this to my mom tomorrow.

PS: - Mine is Dell Venue 8 , 32 gb Wifi + 3g version
Last edited by rbhuyan; 23rd September 2014 at 10:56 PM. Reason: adding more info
24th September 2014, 01:42 AM   |  #22  
Senior Member
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 743
 
1,209 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbhuyan

After doing all the steps. My tab is not working any more It gets stuck at the image you have mentioned. please help ASAP. I was planning to gift to this to my mom tomorrow.

PS: - Mine is Dell Venue 8 , 32 gb Wifi + 3g version

this thread needs to be deleted fixing devices from users that followed this is started to annoy me . . .

but here i am to help . . . power off your device then power it on holding vol down and power if it boots to fastboot / droidboot fixing is easy and we will proceed from there if not i can still fix it it is just a little harder please post your reply in my : myKIT_BATCH thread. . .
5th October 2014, 02:01 AM   |  #23  
OP Junior Member
Flag Greenfield
Thanks Meter: 6
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
More
It worked for mine when I used it on my venue 8 16gb so I dont know why its not working for others.
7th October 2014, 04:12 AM   |  #24  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
250 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowncar12

It worked for mine when I used it on my venue 8 16gb so I dont know why its not working for others.

You need to be specific in your first post. The firmware for the wifi only and the wifi/3G are different firmware. It should be in big red letters " FOR VENUE 8 3830 WIFI ONLY. DO NOT USE ON 3G VERSIONS"
It's not their fault for being uncertain, it becomes yours for not being specific.
7th October 2014, 02:37 PM   |  #25  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowncar12

if you want to go back to stock 4.3 on the dell venue 8 use Dell's recovery tool that's inside the developer folder.

HOW TO INSTALL:

1. Turn off your Dell Venue 8

2. Go into fastboot mode by holding down power and volume down

3. On your computer run p801t_JB4.3_flash_device.bat

4. Wait

5. When the command finishes hit any key and your Dell Venue 8 should reboot in to android 4.3

You could also use this for restoring your tablet if its stuck on the dell logo (as long as you can get into fastboot mode)

P.S. you cant upgrade to kitkat after

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pq6mv9ryc...-VuPgRw8a?dl=0

WARNING FOR DELL VENUE 8 ONLY!!!!!!!!!

If you have a picture like this (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8g...it?usp=sharing) this can fix this. I had the same problem before and this is the only thing that fixed my tablet

can't upgrade to Kitkat, means no OTA upgrade any more?
7th October 2014, 03:17 PM   |  #26  
Senior Member
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 743
 
1,209 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cly1025

can't upgrade to Kitkat, means no OTA upgrade any more?

If you use the files included with the dev-edition , I have stock 4.3 images in the myKIT_BATCHv1.1.x thread post 2 that are ota compatible.

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app
7th October 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #27  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowncar12

if you want to go back to stock 4.3 on the dell venue 8 use Dell's recovery tool that's inside the developer folder.

HOW TO INSTALL:

1. Turn off your Dell Venue 8

2. Go into fastboot mode by holding down power and volume down

3. On your computer run p801t_JB4.3_flash_device.bat

4. Wait

5. When the command finishes hit any key and your Dell Venue 8 should reboot in to android 4.3

You could also use this for restoring your tablet if its stuck on the dell logo (as long as you can get into fastboot mode)

P.S. you cant upgrade to kitkat after

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pq6mv9ryc...-VuPgRw8a?dl=0

WARNING FOR DELL VENUE 8 ONLY!!!!!!!!!

If you have a picture like this (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8g...it?usp=sharing) this can fix this. I had the same problem before and this is the only thing that fixed my tablet

I opened p801t_JB4.3_flash_device.bat , I'm seeing 'fastboot is not recognized as an internal or external command' on each line, then I press a key, the window closed directly, how come?
Last edited by cly1025; 7th October 2014 at 04:23 PM. Reason: more stuff
4th November 2014, 08:40 PM   |  #28  
OP Junior Member
Flag Greenfield
Thanks Meter: 6
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cly1025

I opened p801t_JB4.3_flash_device.bat , I'm seeing 'fastboot is not recognized as an internal or external command' on each line, then I press a key, the window closed directly, how come?

I working on my 4.3 recovery to use social's .img they should work I will have 3g and wifi soon P.S. yes O.T.A. updates

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes