Ask a question

No registration required

Screen locking issues Dell venue 7 - all firmware versions

OP prosonik

28th July 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
There's is another thread about screen issues but I don't think I'm having the same problem.

Since about Feb, my venue 7 screen freezes up when it sleeps or use the button to screen lock. I can see the unit has not frozen up, as apps will still update in the background. However, the screen is completely unresponsive. My only fix is to reboot the device.

I have done a complete wipe at least 4x and tried updating firmware a couple times without luck.

Any suggestions or advance trouble shooting tips would be appreciated.

Pro

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app
30th July 2014, 12:39 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 15

89 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosonik

There's is another thread about screen issues but I don't think I'm having the same problem.

Since about Feb, my venue 7 screen freezes up when it sleeps or use the button to screen lock. I can see the unit has not frozen up, as apps will still update in the background. However, the screen is completely unresponsive. My only fix is to reboot the device.

I have done a complete wipe at least 4x and tried updating firmware a couple times without luck.

Any suggestions or advance trouble shooting tips would be appreciated.

Pro

My Venue 8 is doing the same thing. The screen will freeze while the app continues. After a few calls to Dell, they are asking for me to return the tablet and they'll "fix" it. Hopefully they can as I really like the tablet.
30th July 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I received a replacement unit, which I then destroyed by dropping it. They never asked me to ship the original back, so I thought I'd have another run at fixing it.
I was hope a complete wipe would help but not so far.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread