Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 38,384 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen locking issues Dell venue 7 - all firmware versions

Tip us?

prosonik
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Screen locking issues Dell venue 7 - all firmware versions

There's is another thread about screen issues but I don't think I'm having the same problem.

Since about Feb, my venue 7 screen freezes up when it sleeps or use the button to screen lock. I can see the unit has not frozen up, as apps will still update in the background. However, the screen is completely unresponsive. My only fix is to reboot the device.

I have done a complete wipe at least 4x and tried updating firmware a couple times without luck.

Any suggestions or advance trouble shooting tips would be appreciated.

Pro

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

johnw91498
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosonik View Post
There's is another thread about screen issues but I don't think I'm having the same problem.

Since about Feb, my venue 7 screen freezes up when it sleeps or use the button to screen lock. I can see the unit has not frozen up, as apps will still update in the background. However, the screen is completely unresponsive. My only fix is to reboot the device.

I have done a complete wipe at least 4x and tried updating firmware a couple times without luck.

Any suggestions or advance trouble shooting tips would be appreciated.

Pro

My Venue 8 is doing the same thing. The screen will freeze while the app continues. After a few calls to Dell, they are asking for me to return the tablet and they'll "fix" it. Hopefully they can as I really like the tablet.

prosonik
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I received a replacement unit, which I then destroyed by dropping it. They never asked me to ship the original back, so I thought I'd have another run at fixing it.
I was hope a complete wipe would help but not so far.