No registration required

[Q] Dell Venue 7 SD card file system

OP maxime506

3rd July 2014, 08:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi guys,

I want my Venue 7 support NTFS or EXT4 file system so I could download game matches (videos) larger than 4GB.

I found apps like Paragon NTFS/HFS+ but it doesn't work on my tablet even if I have it rooted and granted this app superuser assess. When a 32GB NTFS SD card is inserted, this app simply tell me no NTFS/HFS+ partition found and the OS warned me that a blank SD card is detected or unsupported file system detected and want me to perform format/erase. After formatting the SD card was with FAT32 file system and that's not I want. Sarcastically this app works on my low end Samsung phone and that phone could read 32GB SD card with NTFS format with the help of this app. So as the same for EXT4 file system

So my problem is: could anyone get a SD card with NTFS/EXT4 file system works on this tablet. I wanna download World Cup matches cuz I work while the game is going on Thanks for anyone's help.
15th July 2014, 10:59 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

7 posts
More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxime506

Hi guys,

I want my Venue 7 support NTFS or EXT4 file system so I could download game matches (videos) larger than 4GB.

I have checked and I have bad news for you:
1. The tablet has built-in support in kernel for following filesystems:
Code:
ext2
ext3
ext4
vfat
msdos
fuseblk
So and NFTS, exFAT are out of question, unless we add the support through fuse (ntfs-3g?) or as a module (it would require current kernel source which I am not sure we have).

Also, when I format the first partition of an SD-card to EXT3/4 which it supports, the card is not be mounted, even with permissions for anybody to write set.

You could of course create a second partition, use some tool like to mount it automatically and another to map the directory to an actual directory on SD-card, but that would still require root and would be complicated.

In short, the answer is no, it is not possible right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to pm-cz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread