Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 48,514 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY & ROOT][UPDATE 2014/08/13]HTC Desire 300/Zara Mini - Newest SuperSU v2.02

Tip us?

DroidTwe4kz
Old
(Last edited by DroidTwe4kz; 13th August 2014 at 06:29 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Default [RECOVERY & ROOT][UPDATE 2014/08/13]HTC Desire 300/Zara Mini - Newest SuperSU v2.02

Installing Clockworkmod Recovery - for HTC Desire 300/Zara Mini

Installing Clockworkmod Recovery:
First of all, guys you will need to unlock your phone's bootloader. to do so, please visit a link provided bellow: http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-unl...ader-tutorial/ (For Desire 300 choose "All Other Supported Models"
1. Download the working CWMRecovery_Philz-cmw6-v5.15.9_base_6.0.3.7_by_SPaWn.rar - CWMRecovery - Link at the end of the post
2. Extract the archive: put folder "clockworkmod" on the SD-Card, put "recovery.img" in the folder D:/android on your PC
3. Turn off the phone and remove the battery.
4. Insert the battery and push the volume down button + Power button and wait until a menu appears.
5. In the menu , select FASTBOOT with the volume keys and confirm the selection with Power button
6. Connect the cable to your computer and install the driver, download the HTC Sync (it will install latest drivers automatically)
7. Download the ADB and extract in a folder D:/android
8. Run "cmd" (as Administrator) and in the window that appears, enter the following commands:
Quote:
d:
cd d:/android
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
9. Wait until installation is finished (almost instantly)
10. Choose option 'POWER DOWN' with volume keys and confirm the selection by pressing the power button.
11. Take out the battery and insert it back.
12. Hold the volume down button + Power button and wait until a menu appears.
13. Select the 'RECOVERY' option with volume keys and confirm it with power button.
14. That's all. installation of CWM Recovery is completed.

Getting ROOT through CWM Recovery:
1. After installing CWM recovery, download archive UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.86.zip and copy it to the SD-Card. - Link at the end of the post
2. Than go to recovery menu (Like U did before) and select 'install zip from SD-Card'
3. Locate UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.86.zip on SD-Card and flash it. now restart your phone...

Congratulations.. Your Desire 300 is now rooted

Thanks to @topuchi13 and @SPSPaWn for helping me
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DroidTwe4kz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MAHMUT1982
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hı bro htc desire 300 s-off is it possible ?

DroidTwe4kz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHMUT1982 View Post
hı bro htc desire 300 s-off is it possible ?
not yet buddy... but you can wait

Aravind95
Old
(Last edited by Aravind95; 10th January 2014 at 05:29 PM.) Reason: Forgot to mention one more thing
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Rooting HTC desire 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidTwe4kz View Post
Hiya , im new to this rooting but i really want to upgrade my HTC desire 300 to android 4.4 , but is it possible to root with the sense 5 and , um ... Will something happen to my device if i root it the way u have posted ? The details of my phone are as follows :
Kernel version : 3.4.0-gf2c010
root@abm016#1
SMP PREEMPT
Baseband version : 14.11.36Q4.21_14.31a.36.1LU
Build number : 1.10.401.4 CL272032 release-keys
HTC SDK API level : 5.26
Software number : 1.10.401.4
Android version : 4.1.2
Model number : HTC Desire 300

Can u please help me and send an email : aravindmenon47@gmail.com , please , about the details on how to root it , i tried installing Clockwork mod through ROM manager suggested by other members in XDA (other members said clockwork mod can be installed using ROM manager). Im not able to install that too , please help me .. and , i cant find any "D:/android" folder in my laptop...
Thank you

DroidTwe4kz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravind95 View Post
Hiya , im new to this rooting but i really want to upgrade my HTC desire 300 to android 4.4 , but is it possible to root with the sense 5 and , um ... Will something happen to my device if i root it the way u have posted ? The details of my phone are as follows :
Kernel version : 3.4.0-gf2c010
root@abm016#1
SMP PREEMPT
Baseband version : 14.11.36Q4.21_14.31a.36.1LU
Build number : 1.10.401.4 CL272032 release-keys
HTC SDK API level : 5.26
Software number : 1.10.401.4
Android version : 4.1.2
Model number : HTC Desire 300

Can u please help me and send an email : aravindmenon47@gmail.com , please , about the details on how to root it , i tried installing Clockwork mod through ROM manager suggested by other members in XDA (other members said clockwork mod can be installed using ROM manager). Im not able to install that too , please help me .. and , i cant find any "D:/android" folder in my laptop...
Thank you
you must create android folder yourself in you D: local drive... follow my instructions carefully... download all attached files and you will root your desire 300... it is not possible yet to upgrade, but soon most of the HTC devices will get android 4.4 kitkat upgrade... you must wait
The Following User Says Thank You to DroidTwe4kz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zapdude
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey thanks for your tutorial! i have a question though.
Do i have to remove the batery to get in fastboot mode? I'm saying this because i can get to the bootloader menu and select fastboot just by powering down my phone, keeping volume down + power pressed. I did'nt have to remove the batery to see the menu you are saying. So is it the same or do i have to remove the batery??

Thank you

DroidTwe4kz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Remove and insert again carefully read instruction

Sent from my SM-T210 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

luxb
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Thanks for the nice guide, now if only we could get a forum section so people would start developing ROMs...
The Following User Says Thank You to luxb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mayankbhatia5
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Anyone could give method off having S-off on HRC Deisre 300.Uregently nedded/
XPERIA NEO V---SJB 8 +Fusion KenrelSJB

mayankbhatia5
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidTwe4kz View Post
Is S-off availabe for Desire 300 now?