Top Forum Discussions

[RECOVERY & ROOT][UPDATE 2015/04/09]HTC Desire 300/Zara Mini

237 posts
Thanks Meter: 203

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Installing Clockworkmod Recovery - for HTC Desire 300/Zara Mini

Requirements:
Instructions: How to install recovery on HTC Desire 300
Step 1: First download the required files as mentioned in the requirements section.
Step 2: Extract the ADB drivers folder on your desktop.
Step 3: Copy the cwm recovery image file to the adb folder.
Step 4: Open the adb folder, Hold the Shift key and Right Click in the folder and select the option, Open command window here.
Step 5: Type the following command to flash cwm recovery:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Step 6: ClockworkMod Recovery has been successfully flushed.

Now follow the further instructions to Flash SuperSU zip package, which will grant root access on your phone.
Step 7: Copy the SuperSU zip package to your phone.
Step 8: Turn Off your phone and reboot it into recovery mode, hold down the Volume Down+Power buttons simultaneously and from the menu, select the recovery option.
Quote:

You’ll be using the Volume Up/Down keys to navigate between different options and Power button to select the desire option.

Step 9: Select the “Install zip from SD card >> Choose zip from card” and browse the directory where you’ve placed SuperSU.zip package. Confirm to Flash it.
Step 10: Once the SuperSU is flashed successfully, head back to main menu and select the option, “Reboot system now”.
That’s it folks, Your HTC Desire 300 has successfully been rooted. To further verify and clarify, Open the Google Play Store app and install ‘Root Checker’. Once installed, Run it to verify root access. Enjoy!! What Next? Well you’ve access to install apps which requires root access like Titanium Backup, as well as you can also flash Custom ROM to further customize your phone.

Thanks to @topuchi13 for helping me and @SPSPaWn for porting CWM to Desire 300
Last edited by DroidTwe4kz; 11th April 2015 at 08:54 AM.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to DroidTwe4kz For This Useful Post: [ View ]

9th January 2014, 05:23 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hı bro htc desire 300 s-off is it possible ?
10th January 2014, 11:53 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tbilisi

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHMUT1982

hı bro htc desire 300 s-off is it possible ?

not yet buddy... but you can wait
The Following User Says Thank You to DroidTwe4kz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th January 2014, 05:01 PM |#4  

More
Unhappy Rooting HTC desire 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidTwe4kz

Hiya , im new to this rooting but i really want to upgrade my HTC desire 300 to android 4.4 , but is it possible to root with the sense 5 and , um ... Will something happen to my device if i root it the way u have posted ? The details of my phone are as follows :
Kernel version : 3.4.0-gf2c010
root@abm016#1
SMP PREEMPT
Baseband version : 14.11.36Q4.21_14.31a.36.1LU
Build number : 1.10.401.4 CL272032 release-keys
HTC SDK API level : 5.26
Software number : 1.10.401.4
Android version : 4.1.2
Model number : HTC Desire 300

Can u please help me and send an email : aravindmenon47@gmail.com , please , about the details on how to root it , i tried installing Clockwork mod through ROM manager suggested by other members in XDA (other members said clockwork mod can be installed using ROM manager). Im not able to install that too , please help me .. and , i cant find any "D:/android" folder in my laptop...
Thank you
Last edited by Aravind95; 10th January 2014 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention one more thing
10th January 2014, 06:43 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tbilisi

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravind95

Hiya , im new to this rooting but i really want to upgrade my HTC desire 300 to android 4.4 , but is it possible to root with the sense 5 and , um ... Will something happen to my device if i root it the way u have posted ? The details of my phone are as follows :
Kernel version : 3.4.0-gf2c010
root@abm016#1
SMP PREEMPT
Baseband version : 14.11.36Q4.21_14.31a.36.1LU
Build number : 1.10.401.4 CL272032 release-keys
HTC SDK API level : 5.26
Software number : 1.10.401.4
Android version : 4.1.2
Model number : HTC Desire 300

Can u please help me and send an email : aravindmenon47@gmail.com , please , about the details on how to root it , i tried installing Clockwork mod through ROM manager suggested by other members in XDA (other members said clockwork mod can be installed using ROM manager). Im not able to install that too , please help me .. and , i cant find any "D:/android" folder in my laptop...
Thank you

you must create android folder yourself in you D: local drive... follow my instructions carefully... download all attached files and you will root your desire 300... it is not possible yet to upgrade, but soon most of the HTC devices will get android 4.4 kitkat upgrade... you must wait
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DroidTwe4kz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2014, 03:05 PM |#6  

More
Hey thanks for your tutorial! i have a question though.
Do i have to remove the batery to get in fastboot mode? I'm saying this because i can get to the bootloader menu and select fastboot just by powering down my phone, keeping volume down + power pressed. I did'nt have to remove the batery to see the menu you are saying. So is it the same or do i have to remove the batery??

Thank you
15th January 2014, 03:16 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tbilisi

Donate to Me
More
Remove and insert again carefully read instruction

Sent from my SM-T210 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to DroidTwe4kz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2014, 05:09 PM |#8  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Thanks for the nice guide, now if only we could get a forum section so people would start developing ROMs...
The Following User Says Thank You to luxb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th January 2014, 04:27 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Anyone could give method off having S-off on HRC Deisre 300.Uregently nedded/
29th January 2014, 07:22 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidTwe4kz

Is S-off availabe for Desire 300 now?