Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,353 Members 40,125 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AOSP Rom

Tip us?

Sarmiento_Luise
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default AOSP Rom

Hello! This is my first post and i want to know if anyone is making an AOSP rom for this device? It appears that this device is really laggy and stutters here and there. The Geodev rom is based on AOSP i think but don't know how the rom is doing right now and i can't comment on it because this is only my first post. MAY I KNOW WHO HERE IS TRYING TO GET AOSP FOR OUR DEVICE BECAUSE THAT IS THE ONLY WAY OF MAKING THIS SMOOTH. Thanks everyone! Cheers!

luxb
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarmiento_Luise View Post
Hello! This is my first post and i want to know if anyone is making an AOSP rom for this device? It appears that this device is really laggy and stutters here and there. The Geodev rom is based on AOSP i think but don't know how the rom is doing right now and i can't comment on it because this is only my first post. MAY I KNOW WHO HERE IS TRYING TO GET AOSP FOR OUR DEVICE BECAUSE THAT IS THE ONLY WAY OF MAKING THIS SMOOTH. Thanks everyone! Cheers!
As of now, Geodev is the only one in development. If you're trying to get your post count up, go to the XDA General section and post in the new members forum or the off topic lounge.

4m8
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default postcount++

imho that geodev thing sounds shady at best.

If you would decide to port a custom rom to a new device, would you really start by porting KitKat if the device
currently only runs jellybean? Wouldn't it be easier to use the stock kernel for now to get cm10 running
and then wait paitiently until htc releases the kernel src to make it a full unofficial cm10 build.
Instead this sounds more like taking the existing source of a hopefully hardware compatible build
and bending it until it brea.. ehm works.

I may be biased, but if you plan to make any kind of release you usually don't go and announce it to the world.
This only encourages the rather impatient endusers to come up with many variations of the same old:
"i need my rls now!", "I am entitled to a release because I found this thread","GIMME RLS!!!11oneeleven"
posts that will just annoy the crap out of every dev I've ever met. Also there is absolutely no point in asking for
beta testers before you even have a working build ready.

Combine that with the recent e-begging post and draw your own conclusions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidTwe4kz
[...] I can't continue developing until someone gift me new computer (or motherboard only). [...]

In any case, for the time being it might be a good idea to check if there are some services you could deactivate
in order to get a little bit more speed out of your phone. I personally have no problems with lags, but maybe
it's because I don't expect the phone to run every app ever made at the same time since it has only 512MB RAM.