Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 50,665 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Do you have a Singel Sim or Dual Sim Desire 500?
Single SIim 10 76.92%
Dual Sim 3 23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

[How to]Root - Install cwm/twrp - Install a custom kernel - Install a custom rom

Tip us?

SpliFFdu95240
Old
(Last edited by SpliFFdu95240; 7th July 2014 at 12:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 26
Thank you for this topic .

It s time for me to try the custom rom and kernel .

Just for that : "Next install fastboot. I'm not gonna hold your hand here, there are 400+ tutorials on installing fastboot, for every OS you can think of. Search for one and install it."

It s in the video of Fliwatt ( 3,40 ). Everything is explain . With your post and the video , everybody can do that . (So don t need to install sdk tool ? It s just for the adb files , right ? )

Thank you

And, Htc sync is htc sync manager ? ( the link is broken on htc : www.htc.com/www/help/ )

dummie999
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpliFFdu95240 View Post
Thank you for this topic .

It s time for me to try the custom rom and kernel .

Just for that : "Next install fastboot. I'm not gonna hold your hand here, there are 400+ tutorials on installing fastboot, for every OS you can think of. Search for one and install it."

It s in the video of Fliwatt ( 3,40 ). Everything is explain . With your post and the video , everybody can do that . (So don t need to install sdk tool ? It s just for the adb files , right ? )

Thank you

And, Htc sync is htc sync manager ? ( the link is broken on htc : www.htc.com/www/help/ )
Yes, htc sync is htc sync manager
Sorry for my late reply
Yes, with fliwatts video everyone can do it!
HTC Desire 500 One sim
Dropbox: https://db.tt/yxozELzF Signing up will give me some extra space

hamedkh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dummie999 View Post
A complete guide on rooting your HTC Desire 500, both single sim and dual sim.
Sorry for my English!

Before you begin, you might want to check for updates on your phone, because it is harder to install an update after your phone is unlocked.

If you see any english mistakes, please pm me about them. English is not my native tongue.

The steps:
1. Unlock the bootloader via htcdev.com
2. Flash a custom recovery, ClockWorkMod or TeamWinRecoveryProject
3. Flash SuperSU
4. Flash a kernel without system write protection

Alternatively:
1. Flash a custom rom
2. Simunlock your device
3. Install Busybox?

The part about the rooting and simunlock are finished, the rest isn't.

Everything is at your own risk!
how can install an update after phone is unlocked? u said its hard not imossible,right?

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamedkh View Post
how can install an update after phone is unlocked? u said its hard not imossible,right?
actually i just unlocked my phone and now i want update software from 1.20 to 1.32. is there any hope? what can i do?

dummie999
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 236
Quote:

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

actually i just unlocked my phone and now i want update software from 1.20 to 1.32. is there any hope? what can i do?
It is not impossible. The 6th post on the first page is a tutorial about installing the ota. Follow that tutorial, and you should be fine.
HTC Desire 500 One sim
The Following User Says Thank You to dummie999 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hamedkh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
It is not impossible. The 6th post on the first page is a tutorial about installing the ota. Follow that tutorial, and you should be fine.
and how can i download ota? or when phone download ota update,before instal it,where does save the file? can i find the ota update that downloaded in my phone?

dummie999
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 236
Quote:
and how can i download ota? or when phone download ota update,before instal it,where does save the file? can i find the ota update that downloaded in my phone?
Go to Settings->Info->Software Updates, then a screen should pop up, about 1.32/1.20, then you can download it. If a screen does not popup, then you cannot install any update, and I don't recommend trying to install one
HTC Desire 500 One sim

hamedkh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Go to Settings->Info->Software Updates, then a screen should pop up, about 1.32/1.20, then you can download it. If a screen does not popup, then you cannot install any update, and I don't recommend trying to install one
i mean where does the file save? so as u said i can find and pull it in pc and edit it

dummie999
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 236
Quote:
i mean where does the file save? so as u said i can find and pull it in pc and edit it
Depends, whether your downloads are saved on the sdcard or on the phones internal storage.
Try /storage/sdcard0/Downloads
/storage/emmc/Downloads
Sth like that
HTC Desire 500 One sim

blackviory
Old
(Last edited by blackviory; 18th July 2014 at 06:01 PM.) Reason: solved
Thanks Meter 2
great guide
thank you!

i have a problem...
well
when i go in recovery - install zip from sdcard i have only sd card not fount
i try to mount by menu but nothing to do.
sdcard works well in android

any idea?

thanks
Stefano

edit: i solve my problem. i had 2 partitions on sdcard and fat32 one was 2nd. i moved fat32 partition forward and now it's all ok

Fliwatt
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Requires: full root (custom kernel!)

Install busybox:
Easy: Install this app. Then open it, and click install.
Told you it was easy!

Xposed framework:
Well, this is basically outlined here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...gelog-t2714053. I can't bring it easier. But remember it requires full root!
You do not need full root to install the Xposed Framework anymore, they now provide a flashable zip for the recovery.