Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Do you have a Singel Sim or Dual Sim Desire 500?
Single SIim 87 66.41%
Dual Sim 44 33.59%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply

[How to]Root - Install cwm/twrp - Install a custom kernel - Install a custom rom

OP dummie999

14th December 2014, 12:20 PM   |  #51  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 353
 
684 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by booorinng

Hi,
I have a bit of a problem with my recovery from my desire 500 single sim. I have unlocked the bootloader and installed first cwr. I tried to install a custom rom, but i couldn't because it said E:Unable to mount '/system. I then switched to TWRP. I again tried to install the same custom rom but i received the same error. I also cannot check the box with system in the mount section. Furthermore, now i cannot change the TWRP back to CWR. And now I cannot do anything with this recovery, but the phone works. I cannot uderstand how.
Do you think you have some idea about what happend or what to do?

.....
Check your recovery and your hboot version....
14th December 2014, 12:33 PM   |  #52  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dummie999

.....
Check your recovery and your hboot version....

Team Win Recovery Project v2.6.3.0; hboot version 1.03.0001
14th December 2014, 12:41 PM   |  #53  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 353
 
684 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by booorinng

Team Win Recovery Project v2.6.3.0; hboot version 1.03.0001

a different hboot version requires a different recovery. If you have hboot 1.03, make sure you have the recovery for hboot 1.03
14th December 2014, 12:45 PM   |  #54  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dummie999

a different hboot version requires a different recovery. If you have hboot 1.03, make sure you have the recovery for hboot 1.03

Great.. Unfortunately i have installed the recovery before reading this post, and i did not know about so many versions. The problem now is that i cannot change the recovery. If i try to flash a recovery from terminal with fastboot flash recovery recovery.img i have this error
fastboot flash recovery recovery_hboot1.03.img
sending 'recovery' (6680 KB)...
FAILED (command write failed (Bad file descriptor))
finished. total time: 0.000s
14th December 2014, 01:52 PM   |  #55  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 353
 
684 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by booorinng

Great.. Unfortunately i have installed the recovery before reading this post, and i did not know about so many versions. The problem now is that i cannot change the recovery. If i try to flash a recovery from terminal with fastboot flash recovery recovery.img i have this error
fastboot flash recovery recovery_hboot1.03.img
sending 'recovery' (6680 KB)...
FAILED (command write failed (Bad file descriptor))
finished. total time: 0.000s

are you sure you are in fastboot and not in hboot?
14th December 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #56  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dummie999

are you sure you are in fastboot and not in hboot?

Damn, I am stupid... Thank you very very much!! Indeed that was the problem. I have finally managed to install a custom ROM. Thanks a lot!
16th December 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #57  
shivasrage's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag level country
Thanks Meter: 113
 
309 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
@dummie999

Hi

I flashed your TWRP recovery for 1.03 hboot.
Now Ive seen in bootloader that os-version is empty in bootloader.
So I made a check:
I reflashed firmware os- appears all is like it should be.
Flashed TWRP, booted once into TWRP--> rebooted into bootloader-->os- disappeared
I know this was a known bug from TWRP I had the same issue with m_7 and M_8
but on this Devices the (I think cosmetical) bug is allready fixed.

Do you think we can fix this also that way?

This is the solution for M_8:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5#post54054835

thanks
Last edited by shivasrage; 16th December 2014 at 03:05 PM.
17th December 2014, 10:40 AM   |  #58  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 353
 
684 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasrage

@dummie999

Hi

I flashed your TWRP recovery for 1.03 hboot.
Now Ive seen in bootloader that os-version is empty in bootloader.
So I made a check:
I reflashed firmware os- appears all is like it should be.
Flashed TWRP, booted once into TWRP--> rebooted into bootloader-->os- disappeared
I know this was a known bug from TWRP I had the same issue with m_7 and M_8
but on this Devices the (I think cosmetical) bug is allready fixed.

Do you think we can fix this also that way?

This is the solution for M_8:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5#post54054835

thanks

Check my thread in general, there is a thread with a fixed cwm version

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes