FORUMS

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

I/O Summary: Google Photos App

At I/O 2015, Google tackled the information problem in mobile once more, this time through … more

I/O Summary: Development, Play Store, The Next Billion

VP of Engineering Jen Fitzpatrick began talking about what Google is doing to … more

I/O Summary: Google Now on Tap

Google is all about organizing the world’s information to make it universally useful, and these … more

 View Poll Results: Do you have a Singel Sim or Dual Sim Desire 500?

Single SIim
 
138 Vote(s)
63.59%
Dual Sim
 
79 Vote(s)
36.41%

[How to]Root - Install cwm/twrp - Install a custom kernel - Install a custom rom

Thanks Meter: 373
 
By dummie999, Senior Member on 4th July 2014, 03:21 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
3rd May 2015, 05:04 PM |#81  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
phone wont boot
htc 500 dual sim
software version 1.27
Hboot 1.03
Bootloader Unlocked
Rooted
cwm installed
I flashed ultimate kernel version 8 (no oc)
Then i flashed CleanNROM by vampir74
Phone does not boot nor does it go in bootloader mode(cant access fastboot),nor can i access recovery
Plz help

PS-CleaNROM is based on software version 1.26 and for Hboot 1.03
What should i do now ? Plz help..
 
 
4th May 2015, 08:42 PM |#82  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 373
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit11

htc 500 dual sim
software version 1.27
Hboot 1.03
Bootloader Unlocked
Rooted
cwm installed
I flashed ultimate kernel version 8 (no oc)
Then i flashed CleanNROM by vampir74
Phone does not boot nor does it go in bootloader mode(cant access fastboot),nor can i access recovery
Plz help

PS-CleaNROM is based on software version 1.26 and for Hboot 1.03
What should i do now ? Plz help..

try removing your battery for 1 day, then put the battery back in, leave the phone in the charger for 1 day, then try to boot to fastboot.
5th May 2015, 05:06 PM |#83  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hello guys,

Recently, I decided to root my HTC Desire 500. I am a newbie in this topic, ( even though I rooted 2-3 devices, but they were old, so I just used SuperOneClick or Z4Root) so I tried to google it, and found this guide.

So first, I tried to unlock the bootloader. I headed to the htcdev website and followed the instructions. I installed the HTC sync as well. I turned off my phone, and launched the bootloader mode. The HTC sync popped up, and scanned my music, but in the left corner I saw a sign: No phone connected...
That was prety worrying for me, but after that, the Windows told me that it can't recognise the connected device. I continued anyway, downloaded the fastboot binary,but I got another error when I tried to run the "fastboot oem get_identifier_token" command, something like: the program can't launch because the AdbWinApi.dll is missing, then it just stopped working. I quickly grabbed the dll from the internet, and ran the command again, but I got another error message: <waiting for device>, and now I don't know how to continue. I tried plugging my phone in when it was turned on, and now everything recognised it, so somehow when it's turned off, the Windows can't identify it. USB debugging is turned on, and fastboot is turned off in the phone's settings. Some more info, that can be helpful: this is what I see in bootloader mode:
Code:

Code:
****LOCKED****
Z4U PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.01.001
RADIO-14.08.36Q4.26
OS-1.10.401.3
eMMC-boot
Aug 1 2013,15:50:50.0
It's a single SIM version.

As I told before, I am a beginner, so please be detailed when replying, and I am sorry for wasting your time guys if it's that easy, but I was unable to find the solution... I also have several other questions in this topic after solving the problem, so please stay in touch with me. Any help would be really appreciated.

Lot of thing happened after that, I installed several drivers, but the main problem is the same: Windows can't see my phone, no matter what I try...
Last edited by amlozek; 5th May 2015 at 05:11 PM.
6th May 2015, 12:45 PM |#84  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 373
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlozek

Hello guys,

Recently, I decided to root my HTC Desire 500. I am a newbie in this topic, ( even though I rooted 2-3 devices, but they were old, so I just used SuperOneClick or Z4Root) so I tried to google it, and found this guide.

So first, I tried to unlock the bootloader. I headed to the htcdev website and followed the instructions. I installed the HTC sync as well. I turned off my phone, and launched the bootloader mode. The HTC sync popped up, and scanned my music, but in the left corner I saw a sign: No phone connected...
That was prety worrying for me, but after that, the Windows told me that it can't recognise the connected device. I continued anyway, downloaded the fastboot binary,but I got another error when I tried to run the "fastboot oem get_identifier_token" command, something like: the program can't launch because the AdbWinApi.dll is missing, then it just stopped working. I quickly grabbed the dll from the internet, and ran the command again, but I got another error message: <waiting for device>, and now I don't know how to continue. I tried plugging my phone in when it was turned on, and now everything recognised it, so somehow when it's turned off, the Windows can't identify it. USB debugging is turned on, and fastboot is turned off in the phone's settings. Some more info, that can be helpful: this is what I see in bootloader mode:
Code:

Code:
****LOCKED****
Z4U PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.01.001
RADIO-14.08.36Q4.26
OS-1.10.401.3
eMMC-boot
Aug 1 2013,15:50:50.0
It's a single SIM version.

As I told before, I am a beginner, so please be detailed when replying, and I am sorry for wasting your time guys if it's that easy, but I was unable to find the solution... I also have several other questions in this topic after solving the problem, so please stay in touch with me. Any help would be really appreciated.

Lot of thing happened after that, I installed several drivers, but the main problem is the same: Windows can't see my phone, no matter what I try...

I am using Linux, so I can't really help you with this, but I will try.
Are you on windows 8? A lot of people say that adb doesn't work on winddows 8. Also using usb 3.0 didn't always work.
Try using another computer (windows 7 or below), and see if it fixes the problem. The fault is most likely not in your phone or the cable, anyway.

About AdbWinApi.dll missing: When you download fastboot, you need to keep all the files in 1 folder, else the program wont work.
The Following User Says Thank You to dummie999 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2015, 11:12 PM |#85  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dummie999

I am using Linux, so I can't really help you with this, but I will try.
Are you on windows 8? A lot of people say that adb doesn't work on winddows 8. Also using usb 3.0 didn't always work.
Try using another computer (windows 7 or below), and see if it fixes the problem. The fault is most likely not in your phone or the cable, anyway.

About AdbWinApi.dll missing: When you download fastboot, you need to keep all the files in 1 folder, else the program wont work.

Thank you for the answer, meanwhile, I read reports from lot of users, and they said it just won't work on Windows 8.1, what I'm currently using. So I will try it on a 7. Now I have all the necessary files I need. One more small question abut the guide: to get my prone fully rooted, after the partial root, I have to use a custom cernel. The problem is that I don't know how to "mount /system", because I have never done that before, and I have no idea what does it mean. So I would be really glad if you could help me. I am talking about this line:
Quote:

To install the Kangbang kernel, go here. But the installation instructions are slightly different, basically the only thing you have to do is mount /system, and then flash the zip. Don't forget to mount system!

I am pretty sure that I have to use the Kangbang, since my firmware is 1.10.401.3.
Last edited by amlozek; 6th May 2015 at 11:14 PM.
7th May 2015, 09:20 PM |#86  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 373
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlozek

Thank you for the answer, meanwhile, I read reports from lot of users, and they said it just won't work on Windows 8.1, what I'm currently using. So I will try it on a 7. Now I have all the necessary files I need. One more small question abut the guide: to get my prone fully rooted, after the partial root, I have to use a custom cernel. The problem is that I don't know how to "mount /system", because I have never done that before, and I have no idea what does it mean. So I would be really glad if you could help me. I am talking about this line:

I am pretty sure that I have to use the Kangbang, since my firmware is 1.10.401.3.

When you are in cwm there is an option:
mounts

just select it, and then select: mount /system
The Following User Says Thank You to dummie999 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2015, 09:30 PM |#87  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dummie999

When you are in cwm there is an option:
mounts

just select it, and then select: mount /system

Okay, now I get it. Thank you for the answer
17th May 2015, 08:56 AM |#88  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Unable to open INSTALLED Super SU
Thanks for such a helpful posts. But unfortunately, I am facing an issue. After successfully installed zip Super SU From Recovery Mode, my phone has been restarted but after opening SuperSU, the phone gets restarted & HTC Error sending notification comes on the screen. What should be the issue??? I can't do much as I am facing the issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes