Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[COLLECTION] KitKat OTA Firmware

OP -Duir-

23rd July 2014, 08:49 AM   |  #1  
-Duir-'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 311
 
553 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Here's the firmware.zip files from the KitKat OTAs that have been shared with me so far in this thread.

These all include stock versions of:
  • Kernel (boot.img)
  • Bootloader (hboot)
  • Recovery
  • Radio
All of which are parts of the phone commonly modified by users here on XDA.

If you're looking for a way to return to stock these files will help you get there. These can be flashed whether you are S-OFF/S-ON however, if you are S-ON you might need to relock the bootloader.

If you're looking to flash everything included in the zip:
  • Simply rename it to 0P4EIMG.zip and place it in the root folder of your external SD
  • Then reboot to the bootloader
  • Press the Power button once you're at the bootloader to switch from fastboot to hboot and then follow the prompts

If you're unlocked and looking to only flash the kernel or recovery, then you can simply extract the desired .img file and use the fastboot commands to do so.

Downloads

ZARA_CL

Virgin Mobile US [Sprint] 2.15.652.3 : [Drive] / [Dev-Host]
nTelos [UTStarcom] 2.15.557.3 : [Drive] / [Dev-Host]


ZARA_UL

Koodo [TELUS] 2.14.661.3 : [Drive] / [Dev-Host]
Wind Mobile [GLOBALIVE] 2.14.1500.6 : [Drive] / [Dev-Host]
Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA) 2.14.862.10 : [Drive] / [Dev-Host] / [MEGA]

hTC Asia 2.14.707.6 : [Drive] / [Dev-Host]
HTC Europe 2.14.401.6 : [Drive] / [Dev-Host]
Credits/Thanks
Akishima, blue74lion, bunyan69, iCreck, mrplowdan, & nullity for sharing their KitKat OTAs in this thread.
Last edited by -Duir-; 7th August 2014 at 08:46 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to -Duir- For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd July 2014, 08:50 AM   |  #2  
-Duir-'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 311
 
553 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
RESERVED
Reserved
24th July 2014, 07:10 AM   |  #3  
Akishima's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Batavia
Thanks Meter: 21
 
147 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Duir-

Reserved

Hi Duir, thanks for your effort.

Is this mean that if I flashed your zip file, I can solve the signal problem in Insertcoin ROM? because when I use Insertcoin the baseband version is unknown, someone told me to flash the baseband.
24th July 2014, 07:15 AM   |  #4  
-Duir-'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 311
 
553 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akishima

Hi Duir, thanks for your effort.

Is this mean that if I flashed your zip file, I can solve the signal problem in Insertcoin ROM? because when I use Insertcoin the baseband version is unknown, someone told me to flash the baseband.

Whether it will fix it or not I do not know, but the baseband files are part of what's in there.
The Following User Says Thank You to -Duir- For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2014, 07:20 AM   |  #5  
Akishima's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Batavia
Thanks Meter: 21
 
147 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Duir-

Whether it will fix it or not I do not know, but the baseband files are part of what's in there.

Well, I will try it anyway. Thanks a lot @-Duir-

-Update-

I've flashed your zip file and try to flash Insertcoin but still, it doesn't work, I'm still out of signal and still baseband version unknown.
Last edited by Akishima; 24th July 2014 at 09:13 AM. Reason: :(
27th July 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #6  
squidbutt's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag suffolk
Thanks Meter: 7
 
352 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
More
I tried to flash the ntelos ota on my ntelos 601. It wouldn't recognize the 0p64e.zip. it actually searches for something different like 0p4ediag.zip which I also tried to change it to that but it still didn't find it.
Also when I try to update through settings,it downloads and goes to recovery but it "fails to update" because it can't find a pdf or something

Sent from my HTC Desire 601 using XDA Free mobile app
28th July 2014, 02:03 AM   |  #7  
-Duir-'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 311
 
553 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidbutt

I tried to flash the ntelos ota on my ntelos 601. It wouldn't recognize the 0p64e.zip. it actually searches for something different like 0p4ediag.zip which I also tried to change it to that but it still didn't find it.
Also when I try to update through settings,it downloads and goes to recovery but it "fails to update" because it can't find a pdf or something

Sent from my HTC Desire 601 using XDA Free mobile app

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Duir-

If you're looking to flash everything included in the zip:

  • Simply rename it to 0P4EIMG.zip and place it in the root folder of your external SD
  • Then reboot to the bootloader
  • Press the Power button once you're at the bootloader to switch from fastboot to hboot and then follow the prompts

0P4EIMG.zip not 0p64e.zip.

Sounds like you're missing the default PDF viewer that ships with the device on Jelly Bean. It's in the /data/preload/ folder that gets wiped when you unlock through htcdev.

Looking through the OTA script you're gonna get a few errors if that folder is missing because your OTA actually patches a few files in than folder. With the exception of the PDF viewer, it's giving an error because it's trying to remove it but the file can't be found.

I don't have the nTelos variant, but you're going to need the following:
  • /data/preload/PDF_Viewer_F_A.apk
  • /data/preload/SoundHound_Freemium.apk
  • /data/preload/HtcRingtoneTrimmer.apk
  • /data/preload/HtcSoundRecorder.apk
28th July 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #8  
squidbutt's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag suffolk
Thanks Meter: 7
 
352 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
More
That makes perfect sense. Also my hboot is 2.22. I did dev unlock but also relocked it. That's probably why mms doesnt work either.

In your opinion what should I do

if i can find the files should i re unlock,root and use adb to push them?
Sent from my HTC Desire 601 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by squidbutt; 28th July 2014 at 08:13 PM.
30th August 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #9  
Aca902's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 372
 
326 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
flashing ota
@-durir- Anyway of flashing ota sense 5.5? Im currently on ic sense 6, s-off and have supercid. Tried doing ruu telus sense 5.0 and then updating to sense 5.5, but couldnt install update 5.5 cause of my location.


Thanks.
31st August 2014, 12:44 PM   |  #10  
-Duir-'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 311
 
553 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aca902

@-durir- Anyway of flashing ota sense 5.5? Im currently on ic sense 6, s-off and have supercid. Tried doing ruu telus sense 5.0 and then updating to sense 5.5, but couldnt install update 5.5 cause of my location.


Thanks.

It's possible to manually flash in recovery. Not sure what's involved in that as I have not it before.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
boot, firmware, kitkat, recovery, stock
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes