Saving the OTA zip.
In the hopes of gaining hboot files to add to the collection of "no red text" modified hboots, which can be found here. If you have a ZARA_UL and haven't updated to KitKat yet, please copy your OTA zip before you run the update. These are most important because they actually have the new hboot in them. Any future OTAs might still include it, but I don't think they'll be guaranteed to.
- ZARA_UL KitKat OTAs - NEEDED MOST
- ZARA_UL OTAs following the KitKat update
- Any ZARA_CL variant other than Virgin Mobile US
(if that even exists)They do exist!!
Sharing the OTA zip
It's that simple to save it.
- After your phone downloads the OTA you will get a popup asking to install now or later, select later.
- The file will be located in a folder on your EXTERNAL SDCARD
- Plug the phone into your PC and open the external storage of the phone
- Find the file and copy it to your PC
- Unplug your phone and tap the update notification to resume the update.
Collected so far
- Open the OTA zip that you copied to your PC
- Extract the file "firmware.zip"
- Upload the file firmware.zip to a storage provider such as Google Drive or DropBox
- Alternately, you can simply upload the whole OTA zip if you like (It will take ~15 minutes to upload the KK OTA at 5Mbps)
- Send me the link via PM or in a reply to this thread.
The following link to full OTAs if available, firmwares will be made into their own post.
- KitKat OTA for Virgin Mobile US [SPRINT] (CID SPCS_002)
- KitKat OTA for hTC Asia thanks to @Akishima (CID HTC__044)
- KitKat OTA for Koodo CA [TELUS] thanks to @mrplowdan (CID TELUS001)
- KitKat OTA for Wind Mobile CA [GLOBALIVE] thanks to @bunyan69 (CID GLOBA001)
- KitKat OTA for HTC Europe thanks to @iCreck (CIDs HTC__001, HTC__E11, HTC__203, HTC__304, HTC__Y13, HTC__A07, HTC__032, HTC__A48, HTC__M27, HTC__405)
- KitKat OTA for nTelos [UTStarcom] thanks to @nullity (CID UTSI_005)
- KitKat OTA for Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA) thanks to @blue74lion (CID VODAP021)